You have not yet permanently registerd with Jaslok hospital, please go for the permanent registration to get premium benifits.
Click on Submit Button for permanent registrationSubmit
Not a member?
Qualification & Experience
"Interventional Cardiologist M.D., F.A.C.C., F.I.S.E., F.I.C.P., Director Cardiology"
"1) The CTO – Man of The Year Award (2008), the First of its type, for the Indian Chapter of 2nd Indo European Course on Revascularization (IECR/IEIC), presented at New Delhi on 20th December 2008
2) Life Time Achievement Award at the 1st IJCTO meet, at Mumbai on 8th June 2013
3) Golden Contribution Award received at AICT 2012 at New Delhi, on 6th Oct. 2012
* Pioneer in starting Cardiac catheterization and Angiography in newborn babies in India in 1973.
* First one to start His Bundle Electrography in India in 1973.
* Performed or supervised more than 10,000 Angioplasties.
* Performed or supervised more than 50,000 Angiographies.
* Pioneering work in Primary Angioplasty in acute myocardial Infarction with first systemic trial in India."
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh Consultant - Urology
Past president urological society of India(west zone),past president mumbai urology society Awards - Dr. G M Phadke award, Vijaywada prize, CKP Menon award,best paper in masicon 1997,1998,1999,best paper award in Int surgeon conference 1999 Foreign awards - Invited faculty in EUA Barcelona 2010 faculty in Masterclass in Female urology from 2010 till 2015 Invited to conduct instructional course in Melbourne Australia 2015 Invited as a faculty for 50 th year Egyptian urology association at Cairo 2015 Conducted more than 45 operating workshop all over India and neighboring countries
Academic achievements-chief of female urology section of Urological society of India from 2007 to 2013.,invited to American Urology association in sandiago for instructional course in female urology in 2013
"MBBS - 1960, MS (Gen. Surg.) - 1964, FRCS (Edin.) - Jan. 1967, FRCS (Eng.) - Nov. 1967, FICS - (USA) 1969 >50 years"
Area of expertise
Diabetic foot clinic and CO2 laser
Brief write up
Senior Consultant General Surgeon associated with Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre since the last 40 years
"M.D (Bom), M.R.C.P. (UK) 37 years of practice at JHRC."
Postgraduate studies in Internal Medicine folowing which persued studies in Chest Medicine in UK. On return, joined JHRC in 1979 as consultant in chest Medicine, Have beeb with the dept. of Chest Diseases, JHRC for 37years, dealing with Clinical Pulmonology, Respiratory Physiology, Fibre-opticBronchoscopy, sleep study
"MD (medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology), Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation- Royal Free Hospital. London Visiting fellowship, Mayo Clinic, USA More than 20 years"
"Gastroenterologist with special interest in liver diseases
Specialised interest in pediatric liver and gastroenterology problems "
"Have trained in Hepatology and Liver transplantation at Mayo Clinic,USA; Royal Free Hospital, London and King's College hospital London
Have more than 300 lectures in Local, national and International Forums
On the reviewer board of journals like Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Journal of Pediatric gastroenterology and Hepatology, Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, National medical Journal of India, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Organised several Pediatric gastroenterology and Liver meetings "
" The P. N. Berry Scholarship for India for the year 1992. Visited G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, SanjayGandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, Christian Medical College, Vellore as part of the scholaship.
The Lotus Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad (USA)
The Netervala Foundation Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The Phirojshah Godrej Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The P. N. Berry Scholarship (administered by the High Commission of India, London) for UK for the year 1995-96.
The K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for higher training abroad (UK) for the year 199596.
Awarded the Young Investigator Travel Bursary for the European Association of the Study of Liver(EASL) conference in London, April, 1997
Felicitated by Uttaranchal Mahasangh, Mumbai on 09/05/2008 in the programme of Mahila Gaurav Samann
Presidential oration :Metabolic liver diseases in adults in Cuttack June 2015 as part of the Orissa chapter of Gastroenterology
Invited to the Presidential oration in the annual meeting of Maharashtra chapter of ISG on 26th Dec 2015, Aurangabad on ""Do all patients of cirrhosis need a liver trnasplant"" "
"MD Paediatrics, Gold Medalist PDCC- Paediatric Endocrinology Visiting Fellowship- RCPCH, London Clinical & Academic 6 years "
Consultant in Pediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology. Invited faculty at over 100 state, national & international scientific fora. Authored chapters in paediatric endocrine text books of both national & international repute. Numerous publications in indexed journals. Chairman of the Child Hormone Foundation, Mumbai. International collaborator for clinical research on infantile & childhood obesity and neonatal diabetes.
Visiting Fellowship of the RCPCH, London
Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology from the prestigious Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, India
University Gold Medal at the MD Paediatrics Examination
"MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology) over 10years in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine & Gastroenterology & Nutrition"
Additional specialty interest: Inflammatory Bowal Disease & Capsule Endoscopy"
Dr. Anjay Jhaveri did his undergraduation from Nair Hospital, mumbai, pursued DNB General Medicine & tehn specialised in medical Gastroenterology both from Jaslok Hospital. Presently working as full time consultant in Dept of Gastroentrology, Jaslok Hospital & Research centre.
"* Best Resident Award - 2011, JHRC
* Sir Ratan Tata Scholarship - 2003
* Gold Medalist in microbiology, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik,2000"
"M.D.(MED); D.M.(CARDIOLOGY), D.N.B.(CARDIOLOGY), A.F.A.C.C. Vast experience of 30 years in the field of paediatric and adult non-invasive and interventional cardiology"
M.D.,F.C.P.S.,F.C.M.T.(USA), Teacher for 38 yrs and practising medicine from 40 year
Endodontics, Restorative Dentistry & Cosmetic Dentistry
Adequately equipped to handle routine dental procedures, with a total work experience of almost 7 years, includng 21/2 years after post graduation.
Presently working as a Consultant (Full Time) at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre and as a Consulting Endodontist at various clinics in south Mumbai. "
1) Achieved 2 Gold medals & 1 Bronze medal in academics during B.D.S. course
2) Bagged Best Paper presentation award in session, at XII FODI & IES PG Convention, GDCH, Ahmedabad.
3) Awarded with Colgate- IDA Scholarship in the year 2003 and 2005.
4) Received Merit Certificate from Indian Society of Periodontology, for standing 1st in the subject of Periodontology, at the final professional examination, 2005.
5) Executive Member of IDA, Hassan branch, Karnataka in the year 2010-2011.
1) In vitro comparison of Gutta –Percha removal using two Rotary Systems and Hedstrom File with Computed Tomography. Iranian Endodontic Journal, 2013; Vol 8, Issue 2, pg no:56-61.
2) Evolving Practices with Changing Times. Modern Medicare, May 2013, pg no: 36-37.
3) Radix Entomolaris: A Review and Case Report. Indian Dentist Research and Review, Vol 6, Issue 6, February 2012, pg no:24-27. "
"M.B.B.S. (Bombay), M.S. (Orthopaedics) (Bombay) F.I.A.S. (UK), MSc Surgery of Trauma (UK) A.O. Fellow (Germany), D. Sports Medicine (UK) MCh ORTH (Liverpool), FRCS ORTH (UK) 20 years post-MS"
Area of expertise
Computer Navigated Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
1. Hip Surgery, Hip Replacement (THR), Hip Resurfacing, Revision Hip Replacement
2. Specialised surgery for AVN (avascular necrosis of the head of the femur)
3. Minimally invasive hip replacements with rapid recovery
4. Difficult hip replacements made easy (deformed hips, stiff hips, previous Girdlestone, previous arthrodesis, severe protrusio, ankylosing spondylitis)
5. Complex techniques (Acetabular & Femoral Impaction grafting, Structural allograft acetabular reconstruction, Periprosthetic fracture management)
6. Complex Revision hip replacement (including multiple past revision surgery & previous infection)
Knee Surgery, Knee Replacement (TKR), Revision Knee Replacement
1. Knee resurfacing/Oxford unicompartmental knee surgery
2. Minimally invasive knee replacements with rapid recovery
3. Difficult knee replacements made easy (bad valgus/varus knees, flexion contractures, deformities)
4. Complex Revision knee replacements (including periprosthetic fracture management, proximal tibial reconstructions, previous infections)
Arthroscopy and Sports Surgery
1. Management of Sports injuries
2. Arthroscopic Knee Surgery - Microfracture techniques, ACL Reconstruction, Meniscal repair, menisectomy, debridement & abrasion chondroplasty, lateral release, arthroscopic tibial plateau fracture fixation, medial patellofemoral ligament repair, cartilage transplants)
3. Surgical reconstruction of the unstable knee (ACL, PCL, multiligament reconstructions)
4. Arthroscopic Shoulder surgery – Bankart repair for recurrent shoulder disclocation, Rotator cuff repair, frozen shoulder release surgery
Dr. Ameet Pispati has been extensively trained internationally in Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic surgery. He has pioneered various methods and techniques in Hip surgery and Computer aided Hip & Knee Replacement that can give patients a better and longer lasting result. He is an authority in Hip and Knee surgery.
He specialises in the latest Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopic techniques as well as Hip and Knee replacement procedures. He desires to spread the Bone Conserving & Rapid Recovery concept for Hip, Knee & Shoulder surgery in India and other parts of the world and loves to train other Orthopaedic Surgeons in the art and science of Precision Alignment Hip and Knee Surgery. He believes in enabling rapid recovery after sports surgery, performing complex knee ligament reconstructions and allowing the athlete to regain his livelihood at the earliest. Dr. Pispati is passionate about improving the doctor-patient relationship and shows real concern and commitment towards patient care, both diagnostic, therapeutic and even spiritual – it stems from a constant desire to want to heal those who entrust themselves and their families in his care.
o Extensive hands-on training in Joint replacement & Arthroscopic surgery from the best centres in UK and Germany.
o One of the 1st in Asia to perform Hip Resurfacing surgery.
o 1st in Asia to perform Computer Navigated Hip Replacement.
o Reviewer for the Journal of Rheumatology, one of the topmost indexed rheumatology journals.
o Author of the chapter “Arthritis Surgery” in “Textbook of Rheumatology” published by the Indian Rheumatology Association.
o Co-Author of the chapter “Hip Resurfacing, pages 763-781 in textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery” by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
o International & National Faculty at several Hip and Knee Surgery Meetings, Courses & Workshops Worldwide, including meetings of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, Indonesian Orthopaedic Association, Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA), Asean Arthroplasty Association, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Chinese Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, and other State level Orthopaedic Associations.
o International Faculty at Worldwide “Intelligent Hip and Knee Surgery Courses”.
o Invited to be listed in International Who’s Who.
o Doctor to Indian Cricket Team for on-site injury management, 2003 – 2005.
o Elected as Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK), in view of his exceptional caring and commitment to the care of the injured.
o Awarded the Diploma in Surgical Resuscitation by the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK)
o Trained in Advanced fracture management from leading centres in UK, Germany and Switzerland.
"MD (MEDICINE), DM (CARDIOLOGY), DNB (CARDIOLOGY) CONSULTANT CARDIOLOGIST AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGIST Since 2003."
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY, TAIPEI, TAIWAN.
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY AND DEVICES, PERTH, AUSTRALIA.
Published 36 papers in peer reviewed journals."
"MD (Psych.Med.), DPM. PSYCHIATRIST. Over 40 years."
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS DPM 1st Rank Bombay University. MD (Psych. Med). Awarded Jc Marfatia Gold Medal
M.D. DNB(Nephrologist) Nephrologist & Transplant Physician
"MS (Gen Surg), MCh(Ped Surg) Practice since 1996 Asst. Hon Pediatric Surgeon at BJ Wadia Hospital for Children, Co authored_Pediatric Surgical Section in the IAP Textbook of Pediatrics Conceived and was faculty for Surgical Topics in the GEM Course of the IAP "
"Trained at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, and at Nair Hospital
Trained as a Guest Resident at Kinderspital Luzern in 1995
Practicing Pediatric Surgeon since 1996, also attached to Breach Candy, Bhatia and Saifee Hospitals
Visiting Pediatric Surgeon at SEC School for Disabled Children, set up a programme for management of children with lack of urine and stool control
Formerly associated with Bombay Hospital and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital "
Been voted as one of Mumbai’s Top Docs in Pediatric Surgery for three years, in a survey conducted by InterNovation, and reported by India Today.
M.D., D.G.O., F.C.P.S., D.N.B.
" • M.B.B.S., University of Bombay, Seth G.S. Medical College, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Bombay, 1991. • D.C.H, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Bombay, 1993. • M.D.(Paed), University Bombay, King Edward VII Memorial, Hospital, Bombay, 1994. • MRCPCH (London), London University, 2000. • Fellowship Neurosciences, London University, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street, Hospital for Children, London, 2001. • Pediatric Neurologist for over 15yrs. • Teaching Experience for over 15 & 21yrs respectively at Jaslok hospital &Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital respectively. • Examiner for Pediatric Neurology Fellowship programme. "
1 Epilepsy Surgery Program
2 Neurodegenerative Disorders, Neurohereditary Disorders
3 Neurometabolic Disorders
4 Disability-cerebral palsy, Autism, ADHD, Behavior Disorders
6 Neuromuscular Disorders
7 Acute Neurology
8 Pediatric Stroke
9 Movement Disorders in Children
"Dr. Anaita Udwadia Hegde is a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai. Dr Hedge has done M.B.B.S from Seth G.S. Medical College, KEM Hospital, D.C.H & MD from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, MRCPCH (London), Fellowship Neurosciences, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, 2001. She has postgraduate teaching experience in pediatrics and pediatric neurology at Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital, and Jaslok Hospital. She is a member of several national and international neurological societies and also involved in Pediatric Neurology Rural Project from 2010, treating over 5010 patients till date. Dr. Hegde has published several papers in national and international journals. Her interest area includes pediatric epilepsy, movement disorders and disability. She is active in postgraduate teaching, research studies and conducts a 2 years fellowship programme in Pediatric Neurology for young postgraduates. "
"1 Have numerous research studies under me since 2004.
2 Have been inspected and approved by the FDA, USA for research project
3 Run 2yrs Pediatric Neurology Fellowship Programme for Pediatric Neurologist. "
"MD Anesthesia, IDCCM-Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine 9years"
Dr. Anand has done his MBBS & MD from B J Medical college, Ahmedabad. He joined Jaslok Hospital in August 2006. He pursued his IDCCM - Indian diploma in critical care medicine in 2008-August
* Instructor for Advanced cardiac life support & basic life support"
"M.S., F.I.C.S. Over 25years"
Thyroid, Gall bladder and Hernia
Dr. Anand joined Topiwala National Medical College, 1977 and passed MBBS in 1981. Joined department of surgery in 1982 passed MS in 1985. Was lecturer in Nair Hospital, 1987, started practiced in South Mumbai 1988 sinse then practising surgery. Learned laparoscopic surgery in 1992 in Singapore under the guidance of Dr. Mohan Chellapa
Breast Cancer, Leukemia / Lymphoma, Bone marrow transplant, Clinical Trials
"1. Ansari K, Clerk A, Patel MH, Sainani A, Shastry PS, Advani SH. Hypercalcemia induced by parathyroid hormone-related peptide after treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of oral cavity. J Assoc Physicians India. 2003 Oct;51:1023-4.
2. Bakshi CA, Jain RA, Sastry PS, Sainani AR, Advani SH. Imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. J Assoc Physicians India. 2004 May;52:403-9.
3. Ritchie DS, Sainani A, D'Souza A, Grigg AP. Passive donor-to-recipient transfer of antiphospholipid syndrome following allogeneic stem-cell transplantation. Am J Hematol. 2005 Aug;79(4):299-302
4. Slavin MA, Grigg AP, Schwarer AP, Szer J, Spencer A, Sainani A, Thursky KA, Roberts AW. A randomized comparison of empiric or pre-emptive antibiotic therapy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007 Jul;40(2):157-63. Epub 2007 Apr 3
5. Long term results of a short duration intensive therapy protocol (MCP-842) in treatment of NHL in children and young adults in India. 2nd International Society of Pediatric Oncology- Asia, New Delhi, 2002 (Poster presentation).
6. Anjana Sainani, Anupama Borker, Reetu Jain, Ganpathi Bhat, Nilesh Lokeshwar, Indumati Ambulkar, Sunny Mathews, Suresh Advani Interim results from a single centre of a new protocol for the treatment and characterization of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children, adolescents and young adults in India. SIOP Oct 2007 "
"MDS 10 years of experience with special attention to Dental Implantology."
Dr. Ankit Mashru is Prosthodontist & Implantologist with Dental Services department at Jaslok Hospital & research centre
After his MDS, he completed Fellow & Diplomate from International Congress of Oral Implantology, USA.
Dr. Mashru has 10 years of experience during which the last 7 years has been with special attention to Dental Implantology.
Fellow & Diplomate, International Congress of Oral Implantology, USA
"MBBS, MD Rich experience of more than 43 years in the field of Nephrology"
Renal Transplant Specialist.
Senior Fellowship in Nephrology Jewish Hospital and Medical Centre of Brooklyn,
Downstate University, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.October 1972 to July 1974.
Publications and Orations:
Hemodialysis in Acute Renal Failure experience in 83 Cases.
Journal of Associates of Physicians of India 6.: 435. June 1971.
Renal Findings in sickle cell anemia. 1st National Symposium on Sickle cell disease at Washington D.C. USA June 1974.
Hypertension and Kidney. National Seminar on Hypertension.
Sir H. N. Hospital . June 1974.
Prevention of Hepatitis in the Dialysis Unit National Seminar on Hepatitis. Sir H. N. Hospital . March 1977.
Nutrition in Renal disease National Seminar on Nutrition Sir H.N. Hospital . March 1977.
Etiopathology of Chronic Renal Failure Seminar on current concepts in the diagnosis and management of chronic renal failure and future trends. Asso. of Physicians of India, Mumbai, 1976.
Experience of 12 cases of Kidney Transplantation.
Indian Society of Urology, Annual Conference, Agra 1980.
An interesting case of Homograft use in arterial anastomosis in Kidney Transplantation. Indian Socity of Urology, Annual Conference, Agra 1980."
"M.S., F.R.C.S.Ed. Over 15 years."
Vascular Surgery, NIMS, Hyderabad.
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery St. George's, Sydney.
Endovascular Surgery, Epworth, Melbourne.
Research in Endotension following EVAR and Prevention of amputation in Diabetics with foot gangrane."
"HON. OPHTHALMIC SURGEON M.B.B.S., D.O.M.S., M.S., F.C.P.S., DNB Opthalmic Surgeon"
*Phacoemulfication Cataract Surgery with Monofocal and Multifocal lenses.
*Lasers for Medical Retina (Diabetes and other retinal conditions)
*Vitreoretinal Surgery (basic & complex cases).
*Refractive Laser Surgery. 25years
* Participated in the Research Studies on age related macular degeneration at the LuEsther T. Metrz Retinal Research Centre at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital under the guidance of Dr. L.A. Yannuzzi, Director of Retina Services and Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Centre, New York, USA.
* Performed research study on “Ambulatory Surgery in Ophthalmology” at Medical Research Foundation, Madras, India, the results of which were subsequently published in the “ Nethralaya Insight” Journal.
* Worked on “ Comparison on the various types of Intraocular lens: as a thesis topic for M.S. Ophthalmology under the guidance f Dr. R.P. Jehangir – Prof. Of Ophthalmology, Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
* Worked on “ Study of ECCE with Posterior Chamber Lens Implantation – Study of 64 cases as a thesis topic for F.C.P.S. (Ophthalmology) under the guidance of Dr. S.D. Adrainwala, F.R.C.S- Prof of Ophthalmology, Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
"DIRECTOR M.B.B.S. , D.R.M. , D.H.A. , D.M.R.T. , M.D. Director, Department of Radiation Oncology"
Began career in Regional Cancer Center (RCC) and took active part in cancer awareness and early detection campaign.
After Post-graduation in Radiation Oncology and Nuclear Medicine from Tata Memorial Hospital and Bhabha Atomic Research Center respectively, I was instrumental in development of Radiotherapy facilities in RCC, for which I was awarded a letter of appreciation by the Director of the institution.
After joining Jaslok Hospital in April,1997, I shouldered the responsibility to set-up a modern, state-of-the-art Radiation Oncology department comprising Telecobalt, Dual Energy Digital Linear Accelerator with MLC, Therapy Simulator, Treatment Planning Systems, HDR Brachytherapy, R&V system.
X-Knife Radiosurgery programme was also commissioned for SRS & SRT.
The successful implementation of the modernization of the department was recognized by the then Chief Executive Director.
I have long experience of conventional as well as CT-based planning and have contributed in successfully running 3D-CRT programme and ultimately developing IMRT & IGRT facility at Jaslok Hospital with commissioning of ONCOR Expression Linear Accelerator.
To bolster administrative skills I did a Hospital Administration course from Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
FELLOWSHIP Fellow in Brachytherapy, Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital, Ohio State University, U.S.A.
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS Post-graduate teacher in DNB ( Radiotherapy ) under National Board of Examinations, Guide/Co-guide in 9 Theses.
International Member: American Society for Radiation Oncology Life Member : Association of Radiation Oncologists of India
"Over 30 years of experience over India & Abroad School: - Gokuldas Tejpal High School 1948 – 1959 Pre Medical: - Kishinchand Chellaram College, Bombay, University of Bombay 1959 – 1961 Medical: - Grant Medical College, J.J. Group of Hospitals, Bombay, University of Bombay 1961 – 1966 Internship: - Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 1967 – 1968 "
Dialysis and Renal Failure
Dr. B.V Gandhi is Director of the Nephrology Department at Jaslok Hospital & Research center. The key specialties of Dr. B.V Gandhi are Dialysis and Renal Failure. Today, he is considered as one of the Top Transplant Physician in Mumbai. He is one of the best Nephrologists in Mumbai and all over the country. He brings with him over 30 years of experience both in India and abroad.
Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital &
Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 1971 – 1973
(Teaching Hospital & Affiliated to
University of Michigan)
* American Board of Internal Medicine 1972
* American Board in Subspecialty of
Nephrology 1974 "
"D.N.B. (Neurosurgery, Mumbai) F.F.H.U. (Japan), F.B.N.I. (U.S.A.) F.E.N.E.R.I. (South America) "
Area of expertise
His area of special interest is Cerebrovascular Disorders which includes Haemorrgic and Ischaemic strokes that can be managed by open surgery and percutaneously with Endovascular Techniques.
He has developed expertise in the management of following Neurosurgical problems,
Cerebrovascular disease (clipping of aneurysms, excision of AVMs, carotid endarterectomy)
Cervical &lumbar degenerarative disease (Cervical and Lumbar PID)
Spinal Instrumentation (for tuberculosis, AAD, fractures and dislocations)
Skullbase surgery (Acoustic neurinoma, Pituitory tumor, craniopharyngioma, microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia)
Endovascular surgery (coiling of aneurysm, embolization of AVM, thrombolysis, carotid angioplasty and steting)
Endoscopic surgery (Pituitory tumors, craniopharyngioma, third ventriculostomy, diskectomy, tumor biopsy, CSF leak repair)
Dr.Batuk Diyora is Professor (Additional) at Department of Neurosurgery at LTM Medical Collage and Sion Hospital, Mumbai and visiting consultant at Jaslok Hospital and Research center.
He joined LTM Medical College and Sion Hospital, Mumbai in year 2001. He obtained his DNB Degree in Neurosurgery from Mumbai University in year 2004. After completing his basic Neurosurgery training, he visited Fujita Health University, Japan for Advanced Training in Neurosurgery under guidance of Prof. Tetsuo Kanno, and Prof. Yoko Kato.
Consult Physician, Internist & Therapautics
* Gold Medal presenattion on ""Possible Pharmacokinetic Explanation for rate dependant toxicity of Fursemide"" presented at Annual conference at Indian Pharmacological Society
* Author of API Text book of Medicine chapter on ""Acute Poisoning""
* Fellow of Royal Society of Helath, London.
DCH, FCPS, DNB
* First to perform Myocardial Contrast Echo in Mumbai
* Inserted first Impella Left Ventricular Assist Device during CABG at Jaslok
* Introduced 3- 4 D ECHO with wall motion tracking
M.B.B.S, M.S., M.Ch, D.N.B. (Plastic Surgery), Fellowship in Microvascular surgery (Taiwan), Fellowship in Aesthetic surgery ( Australia)
M. B. B. S., MD (Internal Medicine)
Stood sixth among all International Oncologists in ESMO Medical Oncology Examination,Vienna.
Stood FIRST in MD (Internal Medicine) L.T.M.M.C. & General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai – 400 022.
Was among the first 20 Post – Doctorate Medical Students selected by the State Super speciality Entrance Examination Board, Maharashtra.
"MS(GENSUGERY), MCH(CARDIAC SURGERY), FIACS CARDIOVASCULAR SURGEON Over 31 years"
Dr. C J Hemant Kumar is a consultant Cardiovascular & Thoracic surgeon attached to Jaslok. He has performed more than 15,000 heart surgeries which include surgeries of coronary arteries, valves, carotid arteries, aortic aneurysm, cardiac arrhythmias, myocardial total arterial revascularization with excellent results. He does a lot of bypasses for vascular blocks as well as end arterectomies. He also has great experience in Endovascular Stentings for aortic aneurysms and Hybrid surgeries. He is deeply committed to providing heart surgery to the poor and has conducted hundreds of free closed heart surgeries ( CMC ‘s and PDA’s) at Amravati, Nashik, Yavatmal, Pusad, Wardha, Washim etc.
He also has special interest in training, education and is a post graduate teacher for MCh & DNB students. He has given post doctoral training of international standards to many surgeons.
Dr. Chander Lulla, Consultant Sonologist and head of department Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. Trained at Guys hospital UK 1991
FETAL MEDICINE FOUNDATION/HARRIS BIRTHWRIGHT CENTRE KINGS COLLEGE
LECTURED at various national and Asian Seminars
EX PRESIDENT INDIAN FEDERATION OF ULTRASONOGRAPHY IN MEDICINE IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY
"Hon Consultant M.B.B.S, D.O.M.S, F.C.P.S, D.N.B, M.N.A.M.S, M.S (Mumbai), F.I.C.O, F.M.R.F, F.A.I.C.O (Retina), F.R.C.S (U.K) 20years"
"BDS, MDS, DNB, PGDMLS, M. Orth RCS Edinburgh I have been involved in excusive Orthodontic practice since 2001. "
Orthodontics for adults. In such patients who require a surgical Orthodontic combined treatment I see the patients and evaluate / treat them before and after surgery.
With an increase in demand for less visible form of braces I am certified to work with appliances that are virtually invisible.
"I have specialized in Orthodontics with a Masters degree (MDS) from The University of Mumbai. I have been involved in an exclusive Orthodontic practice since 2001.
I have completed her undergraduate and postgraduate studies from the prestigious Nair Hospital Dental College. I have received several awards and scholarships including the University gold medal for having excelled in the Subject of Orthodontics from the Mumbai University.
Further, I am amongst the few Orthodontists who are certified as a Diplomate of the National Board, as well as a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, one of the few associations that conducts independent exams at foreign centres to ensure that all members are of an exceptional academic standing.
I have always believed that treatment plans must be suitable for the patient and spends a lot of time understanding each patient’s needs, concerns and understanding their personalities. My compassionate nature, ability to listen to patient’s problems and come up with a plan to sort out the most complex situations are assets to my personality, that draw patients from distant parts of the city, other cities in the country and very frequently patients from overseas to seek treatment from me."
"Gold medallist and University topper at each exam held consistently.
Further awarded Diplomate of National Board
Member of prestigious Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh."
"HON. CARDIOLOGIST M.D."
In Cardiology at M.T. Sinai Medical Centre, University of Wisconsin ,Milwankee,Wisconsin USA.
ACADEMICS / RESEARCH / AWARDS
Former Professor of Medicine, Grant Medical College ,University of Mumbai."
"BDS (BOM), MDS (BOM), FRSH (ENG), FICD (USA), MACCP (IND) Over 56years"
Restorative Dentistry - Cosmetic & Aesthetic Denstistry & Endodontics
Dr. D R Shahani is a senior Hon. Dental consultant at Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre.
"* Gold Medal for best paper read at a International Dental conference, UAE
* Award from the Dental Council of india and Indian Dental Association in appreciation of services rendered in Oral & dental Health
* Award received from Dentist of Indian Origin (USA) through Indian Dental Association, USA for the services rendenred towards dental education, research and humanitarian cause."
"M S orthopedics Mumbai university 48 yr of orthopedic practice "
Revision trauma surgery. Joint replacements
D D Tanna retired proff. B Y L Nair hospital, and medical college
1 Tannas interlocking nailing
2 Orthopaedic Titbits
3 Proximal femur fracture jointly with DR Babhulkar
4 Written chapters in text book of orthopedics
5 text book of spine surgery
Delivered innumerable, orations, and guest lectures I porestigeous , meetings
Extensively travelling for teaching orthopedic surgeons, all over India "
MD, FCPS, DGO, DFP
High risk pregnancy & Infertility ( especially PCOS)
"Have been attached to JHRC since 2006, been an active member of MOGS, involve in various CME's/conference as an invited speaker. Delivered a number of patients with high risk - including patients with Heart disease, multiple pregnancies, bad Obstetric cases, Patients conceiving after cancer treatment to name a few.
Involved in Pelvic floor specialty clinic at JHRC"
* Won a prize in MOGS 2014 (Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynaecology society) on Presenting an interesting case on " A Cervical Mass - A Dilemma"
"HON. OPHTHALMIC SURGEON MBBS, DOMS, MS(Ophth) 30years"
*Phacoemulsification with Micro Incision Technique (MICS) for Cataract Surgery / Monofocal and Multifocal Intraocular Lens Implants
*Refractive Laser Surgery ( LASIK).
*Contact Lenses / (Complex fittings)
"M.S. (ortho), Spine Surgeon Practising since 1995"
Dr Devesh Dholakia is one of the top spine surgeons in the city of Mumbai. He is trusted by patients not only in India but also from Africa and Middle East. Our Mission: Non Operative Options First, Safety First. To give better and safer spine care through innovation. Our Vision: to become a leading spinecare provider driven by people, research and technology. Offering technologies with ? Less Pain, Small Scars, Less Blood Loss, Fewer Complications ? Faster – Recovery, Return Home, Resumption of Normal Life & Return to Work
"* Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation (IGOF) fellowship to Nordwest Krankenhaus Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
* Mohandas Weller Gold Medal for the Best Paper at Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation Seminar
* Dr K.P.Shrivastava Gold Medal for Best Poster at Indian Orthopaedic Association 47th Annual Conference
* Appointed as a Honorary Fellow to the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – Spinal Division, National University Hospital, Singapore
* Recipient of the Wockhardt Fellowship in Spine under the auspices of Bombay Orthopaedic Society."
MBBS, MS (Plastic Surgery), 8 Years.
Master of Surgery in ENT with Diploma Otorhinolaryngology.
ENT consultant at jaslok hospital, Passed out from gs medical college and kem , post graduation from Nair hospital and TN medical college and Jawaharlal Nehru medical College and trained in Europe for sleep apnoea, paediatric ent , endoscopic sinus surgery , lasers in otolaryngology and base skull surgery , tinnitus and vertigo diagnosis and treatment , Middle ear surgery and stapedectomy , and ENT facial plastic surgery, prior to becoming a consultant ENT surgeon.
Have won several best paper awards for research in ENT, and delivered several guest lectures and invited talks on cochlear implants, lasers in ENT, Functional Endoscopic sinus surgery, Use of image guided systems in ENT , traditional versus newer techniques in management of tinnitus and vertigo, use of technology in otolaryngology and organised and conducted surgical workshops on the same .
Co edited textbook modern concepts of neurotology and performed recorded and produced over 100 teaching and demonstration videos for students .
DNB Otolaryngology teacher since 2011.
Member of AOI india and Aoi Bombay branch .
MD, FRCOG, FCPS, FICS, FICOG, FICMCH, DGO, DFP,Clinical Experience : 40 yrs.Academic Experience : 36 yrs.
Management of Infertility & Assisted Reproduction, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) & Premature Menopause.
Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Obs. & Gyn. (FRCOG)
Fellowship of the College of Physicians & Surgeons (FCPS).
Fellowship of the Indian College of Maternal & Child Health (FICMCH).
Fellowship of the Indian College of Surgeons (FICS).
Fellowship of the Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FICOG).
Member of Ethics Committee, of the International Federation of Gynecology & Obstetrics (FIGO).
Chairperson of the Education Committee of the International Menopause Society.
Vice President of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR).
Scientific Meeting Advisor of the Asia Pacific Menopause Federation (APMF).
Past Chairman of the Indian College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ICOG).
Past President – Indian Menopause Society.
Past President of the Federation of Obstetric & Gynecological Societies of India(FOGSI).
Past President – Mumbai Obstetric & Gynecological Society.(MOGS).
Member of various Professional Organizations both National & International.
40 publications in various Indexed Journals
Chapters in Books - 90
"MD – KEM Hospital Mumbai 1991-1994 DNB –Neurology- Jaslok Hospital 1995-1998 Clinical Associate – Dept of Neurology Jaslok Hospital 1999 Fellowship in Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases –University Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada under Dr.Vladimir Hachinski – 2000- 2002"
Stroke, Clinical neurophysiology –(EEG/ EMG/Nerve Conduction Study /Evoked Potentials)
Having completed neurology training (National Board) at Jaslok under prof Noshir Wadia. I did a fellowship in Cerebrovascular disease (Stroke) with Prof Vladimir Hachinski (Ex president, World federation of Neurology) for 3yeras in Canada. Has presented papers at the International Stroke Conference, European Stroke Conference and Asian Oceanic Congress of Neurology
"International and National Journal articles. Presentations at National and International conferences.
Investigator in trials such as CASES ( Canadian rTPA), MATCH, PROFESS, DIAS and others "
"MBBS, DCH, DNB(Pediatrics), FPIC • Clinical: 15 yrs experience in critical care and OPD/IPD patient care. • Research: has international & national publication to his credit. • Clinical Trial: He has been principal investigator in many drugs & vaccine trial at Jaslok Hospital. "
"1. Hon` Consultant Pediatrician, Pediatric & Neonatal Intensivist.
2. Specialist in Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Care.
3. He is specialized in all Pediatric and Neonatal Critical Interventional procedures like Intraventricular tapping, Intubation, Tracheostomy, Intercostals drains, Liver, Kidney, muscle & skin biopsies, Haemo & Peritoneal dialysis, Insertion of Hickman catheter, Bronchoscopies, Bone marrow biopsies & aspirations and Intracranial pressure monitoring.
4. He has also been involved in major Perioperative Care of Craniofacial Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Liver & Kidney Transplant Surgery and general surgeries.
5. He specialized in transporting by Air & land ambulance of critically ill pediatric & neonatal patients.
6. He has managed extreme preterm baby i.e. 24 weeks/ 520gm NICU graduates to his credentials."
"1. Won a scholarship from the Hargobind Foundation, Mumbai in Jan 2001 for the fellowship in Pediatric Intensive Care, Leicester, UK.
2. “Basic Newborn Care” demonstration in weekly serial Mere gharana zindagi, Oct 1997, Zee Television, Mumbai.
3. Won a scholarship from the State Board for secondary and higher secondary education in 1983, Hyderabad.
4. Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
5. Executive Board Member of Pediatric Intensive Care chapter, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai.
6. National Neonatology forum, Mumbai chapter."
"M.D., D.G.O., D.F.P., F.C.P.S., Dip. N.B.E. 29 years of experience in ART, IVF, ICSI, Sperm / Egg & Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy, Male Infertility. Pioneer in India for Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening."
Brief write up
Director – Dept. of Assisted Reproduction & Genetics
Responsible for South-East Asia’s first ICSI baby Luv Singh, in 1994.
First PGD pregnancy in India.
First Laser Assisted Hatching & TESA pregnancies in India.
Over 7500 babies born.
Editor-in-Chief, Fertility & Sterility Indian Edition
Editorial Board Member, Fertility & Sterility, U.S.A.
1995: The All India Ratna Shiromani Award for pioneering work in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
1995: Outstanding Young Indian Award given by the Indian Junior Chamber.
2001: Listed by the National Institutes of Health Registry (USA) for research in Embryonic Stem Cells
2001: Felicitation by Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India for outstanding research in Stem Cells.
2001: The M.D. Adatia Oration Award – Bombay Obstetrics and Gynecology Society Annual Conference.
2002: Kuvadia-Shah-Vora Oration Award on Stem Cell Therapy – Implications & Importance, by The Bombay Medical Association.
2006: Woman of the Year Award - Zonta International Organization.
2006: Zee Astitva Award for Science and Technology.
2007: Hindustan Times Woman of the Year Award
2009: F ICCI FLO Women Achievers Awards 2009 ""Excellence in the field of Medicine”
2012: Women in the Driving Seat Award by Lavasa Women’s Drive for Science and Medicine
2012: L'Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards 2012 for Science and Innovation.
2014: Selected as Woman of the Year 2014 by Limca Book of Records.
2014: ‘All India Survey’ by Indian Express lists Dr. Firuza Parikh in the top 10 Doctors of india.
2015: 100 most Powerful Women of Asia Award 2015.
Society Memberships / Fellowship:
1. The Indian Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology - President – February 2003 – 2006.
2. The American Fertility Society.
3. The Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society.
4. The Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India.
5. The Indian Association of Fertility and Sterility.
6. The Indian Academy of Juvenile and Adolescent Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
7. The Association of Medical Women in India.
8. The Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopists.
9. Indian Society of Human Genetics.
10. Member of the Drafting Committee to outline guidelines for Assisted
Reproductive Technology at the National level (ICMR Project).
1. President – Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (2003-2006)
2. Member – Monitoring Committee: Developing cells and tissue engineering – Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
3. Recognized guide for MSc and PhD, Mumbai University
4. Editor-in-Chief, Fertility and Sterility Indian Edition
5. Editorial Board: Fertility and Sterility, USA
6. Recognized teacher and guide for DNB, National Board of Examinations (2014).
"MBBS, DGO, DRCOG, FRCOG, DFP (London), Felicitated with the FRCOG (London) in 1989"
"General Gynaecology/Laparoscopy and complicated Obstetric case
She is also specialised in laparoscopy, Infertility and High risk Obstetrics"
Dr. G N Mansukhani is a graduate of Calcutta University and has then proceeded to UK. She has received the DRCOG and MRCOG degrees from the Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in London and then continued to work in England to gain further expereince in her field for a period of 10 years.
Attended International conferences annually to keep abreast with teh latest technology and mangement in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Started the ultrasound department at Jaslok Hospital in 1984. Has taken training in operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in USA and UK (Royal Free Hospital, London)"
"D.N.B(GEN.MEDICINE),M.N.A.M.S,AFFILIATE AACR MEDICAL ONCOLOGY AND HEMATO-ONCOLGY(Clinical) -14 Years MEDICAL ONCOLOGY & HEMATOONCOLOGY AND STEM CELL TRANSPLANT- 12 Years"
ESH-EBMT Training course on Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, which took place in Alicante SPAIN, April 25-29,2007,
ESH-EBMT Training course on Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, which took place in LA-BAULE FRANCE-2011
5th Advanced ICAS training Course on Blood Stem Cell Transplantation: State- of- the-Arts, Methods and Perspectives, June 2009,Ulm University, GERMANY
Member of Asian Pacific Bone Marrow Transplantation-since 2014
Member of European Hematology Association :Admitted as Member Of European hematology Association in April 2005.(Membership No-4010)
Member of European Society of Medical Oncology :Admitted as Member of European Society of Medical Oncology in June 2005.
Member of American Association for Cancer Research : Admitted as an Affiliate Member in good standing of American Association for Cancer Research in July 2005.(Membership No-123632)
Member of the college of Chest Physicians of India : Admitted as Member of the college of Chest Physicians of India, in Feb.1996 "
* Vishist Chikitsak Medal (College Of Chest Physicians) 1997.
* Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Award - Bangalore-2012
* Mother Teresa Gold Medal Award-Chenai- 2012-2013
* Jawaharlal Nehru Gold Medal Award –Chennai-2013- 2014
* National Health Achievers Award - Best Oncologist of India 2015
1] Incidence and prognostic significance of anemia in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients. ABSTRACT SECTION [72-81,iii57]- ESMO SUMMER EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE,EDINBURG,SCOTLAND,UK,JUNE 2003. Kamlesh.p.sajnani., Ganapathi.bhat.Salem Shemmari
2] Evaluation of cyclic chemotherapy in non Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients infected with chronic hepatitis. POSTER SESSION [ABSRACT BOOK-1016] ECCO-12 COPENHAGEN. SEPT 2003 .K.Kamlesh P Sajnani, G.Ganapathi Bhat,I.Iqbal Siddique,S.Al-Shemmari,F.Fuad Al-Ali Citation-European Cancer Conference Abstract book,Vol I No 5 Sept 2003,1016.
3] Primary extra nodal lymphomas: analyses of clinical characteristics a single centre experience. POSTER SESSION [ABSTRACT BOOK 599P], ESMO 29 TH CONGRESS VIENNA. OCT –NOV 2004(Annals of Oncology supplement 3,vol 15,2004,abstract book 29 th ESMO Congress) Ganapathi.M.Bhat,Salem Al-Shemmari,Reem Ameen,Kamlesh P Sajnani,Jan Gyarfas.
4] Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in elderly patients- a retrospective single institution analysis. POSTER SESSION.GERIATRIC ONCOLOGY CONFERENCE(SOUVENIR &ABSTRACT BOOK).OCTOBER 14-16,2005.Tata Memorial Hospital.Mumbai.India. Ganapahi.Bhat.M.,Salem Al-Shemmari.,Kamlesh P.Sajnani.,Jan Gyarfas.
5] Analysis of Clinical Characteristics and Prognostic variables of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: A single Center Experience.Absract section,Publication Number 4647.47th ASH Annual Meeting Dec.2005,New Orleans,LA.(Citation –Blood,DEC.2005.November abstract issue). Salem Al-Shemmari., Ganapahi.Bhat.M., Kamlesh P.Sajnani.,Reem Ameen.
7] Clinical profile and acute adverse events in Stem Cell Transplantation: - Jaslok Hospital Experience.Poster presentation,Ganapathi.Bhat.M., Suvarna .Achrekar.,Anjana Sainani., Reetu Jain.,Chetna Bakshi., Akshay Shah., Sujata Vasani.,Mehboob Basade.,Samir.S.Shah.,Boman N.Dhabhar Tapan K.Saikia., S. H .Advani.Division of Medical Oncology and Bone marrow transplant Unit Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre , Mumbai; Mumbai Hematology Group Annual Conference 14-15th April 2007,Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
8] Impact of CD34+cells as predictor of Hematopoietic recovery in Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Transplant-Single center experience.Oral presentation, Suvarna.Achrekar.Ganapathi.Bhat.M., Mamta Yargop,Anjana Sainani.,VPAntia,Reetu Jain.,Chetna Bakshi.,Akshay Shah.,Sujata Vasani., Tapan K.Saikia.,S. H .Advani.Division of Medical Oncology and Bone marrow transplant Unit Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre , Mumbai; Mumbai Hematology Group Annual Conference 14-15th April 2007,Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
9)Stem cell transplant in diabetes –a long road ahead- 04/12/2012, 5 th Bits WORLD conference of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research-2012, Guanzchou, China.
10) Probing Mesenchymal stem cells from lab to life: Are we poised to signal the dawn of a new frontier? DR.GANAPATHI.BHAT.M. abstract selected for oral presentation- 3 rd world congress of stem cell research and cell science 2013, Baltimore, USA. Nov.20-23,2013.
11] Probing mesenchymal stem cells from lab to life: Are we poised to signal the dawn of a new frontier?
DR.GANAPATHI.BHAT.M. abstract selected for oral presentation- 3 rd world congress of stem cell research and cell science 2013, Baltimore, USA. Nov.20-23,2013
12] Cellular cancer therapy: A future conundrum or reality?1st National conference of Stem cell society of India, MUMBAI Feb-March -2014
13] Ameliorating acute and chronic GVHD: Is cellular therapy emerging as a befitting alternative? RMSC- 2014 HAISAKOU CHINA, 7 TH Bits INTERNATIONAL Conference on regenerative medicine and stem cell research nov. 2014.
14] Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm - A Rarity, Shweta Puri, Dr. Ganpathi Bhat
International CME in Pathology (Histopathology and Cytopathology), 5th - 7th Feb, 2015, Goa.india
15] The stem cell ethical impasse: How long will it take to realise their translational preparedness?-oral presentation –Dr.Ganapathi.Bhat.M. 6th International conference on stem cells and cancer, proliferatioN,differentiation and apoptosis. 2-5 th October 2015,PUNE,INDIA.
16] Extending expiry: Is the placenta a worthy candidate to bank on for regenerative medicine?-(ACCEPTED) RMSC, korea 2016. "
MS,DNB,Fellow of CPS
MS, DORTH, DNB
"Minimal access spinal surgery
Complex Spine reconstruction for spinal fractures, tumors, tuberculosis "
"Dr Gautam Zaveri is one of the leading spine surgeons in India today. He has developed a
comprehensive non -operative program for the management of various spinal ailments. He has an
extensive experience in major reconstructive surgeries for the treatment of a variety of spinal
ailments including fractures, tumors, tuberculosis, deformities of in adults and children. He is also an expert on minimally invasive and endoscopic surgeries of the spine like Microdiscetomies, microdecompression for spinal stenosis and minimally invasive spinal fusions besides vertebroplasty, etc.
He is on the managing council of the Association of Spinal Surgeons of India. He is sought after as a speaker/demonstrator at various national and international spine workshops, symposia conference and postgraduate teaching courses. He has written many articles in national and international journals as well as chapters in textbooks of spine surgery.
He is credited with the development and popularization of the following spinal surgeries:
1. Stepwise protocol for management of thoracolumbar trauma
2. Acute vertebral shortening for thoracolumbar trauma
3. Posterolateral approaches to tuberculosis of thoracic spine
4. Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for lumbosacral tuberculosis"
"* Best asia-pacific spine faculty- 2006- AOSpine International, Davos
* International SpineFellow 2000 by the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine in Adelaide, Australia
* Best clinicalresearch paper at International Spinal cord Society meeting in 2006, Delhi
* Ranked third In the MS- Orthopaedics Examination held by the Mumbai University"
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (Urology)
Endourology, laser surgery, Renal Transplantation, Uro-Oncology.
An enthusiastic surgeon who will treat each patient as his own family member. Vast experience of managing complicated cases, oncological cases, transplant cases, etc. Worked in different prestigious Government medical college as Asst professor and corporate hospitals across Maharashtra in over 15 years.
"M.D., F.A.C.P. 49years"
"Insulin Pump Therapy", Advanced Diabetes Foot Care & Footwear Planning, Patient Education and Empowerment."
Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Alabama, Medical Center, Birmingham, U.S.A, 1967.
Instructor & later Asst. Prof of Medicine, Endocrine-Metabolic Division, University of Alabama, Medical Center, Birmingham, U.S.A, (1968-1970)
Ex.Hon. Prof of Medicine & Diabetes, Grant Medical College Mumbai (30yrs); 79 Research Publications; 25 Books or Editorship or Authorship of chapters in books; 14 Awards and Named Orations; 2 Lifetime achievement awards."
"HON. OPHTHALMIC SURGEON M.S (Ophthal)DOMS, FMRF, DNB Ophthalmology. Over 10years"
* Phacoemulsification for Cataract
* Squint Surgery and Evaluation for adults and Children
* Retinopathy of Prematurity Evaluation and Laser in Newborns
* Nero Ophthalmologist Specializing in Optic Nerve disorders and double vision.
Invited Faculty at National and International Meetings in above subspecialities.
M.B.B.S., M.D. (Bom.), M.R.S.H.(Lond.), F.A.C.P.(USA),F.A.C.E.(USA)
His expertise and experience in Internal Medicine specially infections and life style disease (Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia,hypovitanimnoses, hypertension, etc) has made him a much sought after clinician at the various hospitals that he practices
He is a Specialist in Cardio-Metabolic disorders and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (F.A.C.P.) and Clinical Endocrinology (F.A.C.E.). Besides being a Post-Graduate teacher in Medicine at the National level for over 15 years, in 2001 he founded the Physician’s Journal Club in Mumbai - of which he still continues to be the Chairman. Over the past more than a decade, this academic body(MCI accredited), under his stewardship, has organised continuous medical education for Consultants to keep them abreast of the advances in science. He is the founder member of the Pre-emptive Disease Forum which is an international body dealing with the use of nutritional micro supplements to alter and pre-empt life style diseases. He initiated Clinical Trial research 17 years ago at BHATIA Hospital and is a recognised Principal Investigator for more than 20 international multi centric trials. He has authored multiple publications to this effect and is a member of many steering committee protocol boards As a teacher and educator in Internal Medicine he was the first to initiate and write the Antibiotic Stewardship Protocol in 2006 He has multiple international and national presentations at various conferences and meetings as faculty and numerous publications and posters in the fields of cardio-metabolised diseases. His columns and articles in newspapers (Times Of India, Hindustan Times, Bombay Times, The Economic Times, Navbharat Times, etc) have been widely circulated and used by the media for education of the community at large
Dr. Hemant Thacker has been awarded many awards and felicitated in the past >35 years. Few outstanding are mentioned here are as follows: 1974 Principal’s Prize for the Best Student of the year, Jai Hind College. 1975 The Vasant Phansalkar Scholarship and Gold Medal in Pharmacology for standing 1st in Pharmacology at the 2nd M.B.B.S. exam conducted by the Bombay University. 1979 Prize for the Best Intern of Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital. 2010-2011 Awarded “Key - Note Address” by Indian Medical Association Branch – Mumbai (IMA) at their Annual conference. 2012 Awarded Fellowship of American College of Clinical Endocrinology (FACE) in recognition of meritorious work done in Diabetes and CardioMetabolic disorders. 2014 Bestowed the Giants International Award for Outstanding Contribution in the field of Medicine. 2015 Awarded Fellowship of the American College of Physicians – FACP
ACUPRESSURIST / NATURAPATH
Acupressure, Reflexology, Su-Jok Therapy, Ear Acupunture and Holistic Healer.
Dr. Hemant Wagh is specialist in Acupressure Therapy. Started practicing Acupressure Therapy in the year 2003. While practicing he has been constantly focused on discovering newer techniques & improvising on the existing ones in the field of Acupressure Therapy. Due to his commitment & constant efforts toward the Acupressure Therapy, he is well known among the Therapists / Professionals. He is also practicing VAASTU-SHASHTRA and evaluation of GEOPATHIC stress for health.
HON.DERMATOLOGIST M.D., D.V.D., D.D.V. DERMATOLOGIST. Over 35 years
coordinator dept of dermatology, Senior dermatologist - practising since 36 years treating all types of skin disorders allergies Psoriases eczema fungal infections and many others . All types of hair disorders and sexually transmitted diseases. Doing all skin procedures - skin biopsies electro and radio cautery, derma roller for acne scars and alopecia and chemical peels.
Presented a paper on various modalities of treatment in Acne in All Asia Pacific Meet in April 2015
Research Projects done at Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre with Dr. Ramchandani as the principal investigator and guide.
1. To study the videodermoscopy findings in non scaring alopecia of scalp vs control volunteers – 2 years study – Project No. 637 Dr. Ramchandani, Dr Deepak Devekar.
2. Topical corticosteroid abuse: A prospective study in dermatology OPD – 2 year study, project no. 670. Dr. Ramchandani – Dr. Rahul Dixit
3. To study spectrum of muco-cutaneous manifestation in chronic liver disease in adults (more than 18 years) – 3 year study, project no. 672, Dr. Ramchandani – Dr. Venisha Shah.
4. To study nail changes in dermatology OPD in a tertiary care hospital (JHRC) – 2 year study, project no. 700 – Dr. Ramchandani, Dr. Priyanaka Ghuge.
All above projects accepted by DNB Board.
"MD (Obs & Gyn), D.G.O, PhD(Reproductive Biology) More than 25 years"
"ART & stem cell biology Stem cell Therapy in Infertility"
Padmashree Dr. Indira Hinduja, being a renowned Obstetrician/Gynaecologist Infertility & ART specialist. Her pioneering work in ART led the birth of scientifically documneted first IVF baby in India on 6th Aug 1986. GIFT baby on 7th Jan 1988 & oocyte donation baby on 24/1/1999. She has to her credit more than 115 national & international publications along with numerous awards of which the most prestigeous being the "Padmashree & Dhanvantari". Her enthusiasm for research has paved her way into stem cell bilogy with pioneering work in Embryonic stem cells, somatic cell Nuclear transfer, very small Embryonic stem cells & last but not the least introduced pleurepotent stem cells
"Padmashree, Dhanvantari, Jeevan Gaurav Puraskar Exceptional women Achiever (EWA) - shared with
- Hon Ex president of India Smt Pratibhatai Patil
- Bharatratna Smt. Lata Mangeshkar
- Supreme court judge - Sujata Manohar & Mrs. Mandakini Amte
Young Indian Award 1987
Quoted inLimca Book of Record 1990 - page 88
Outstanding Lady Citizen of Maharashtra State Jaycee Award 1987
Indira Aprreciation Memento 2001 crusader Trophy for Medicine - 5th Apr'2001"
M. Ch (Urology); MS; FCPS; FICS (Gen. Surgery) with over 30 years of experience.
General Urology; EndoUrology and Lithotripsy; Kidney Transplant and Vascular Access in ESRD; Urologic Oncology.
Grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia. Trained in Mumbai with further training in Kidney transplantation, laser prostatectomy and robotic surgery in the US.
Won the Dr. Hemant Kelkar Memorial Award in Surgery 1982. Training stints at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio; Froedhert Memorial Hospital in Atlanta; Robotic Training in Celebration Hospital, Orlando and University of Miami Hospital
"• MD – Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Grant Medical College, Mumbai (1974) • DVD – Mumbai University (1970) • DDV – College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai (1970) • MBBS - Sir J J Group of Hospitals, Grant Medical College, Mumbai (1969) "
1. Life Time Achievement Award – Outstanding contribution to HIV Medicine”, HIV Congress, Mumbai - March 2008
2. “Honorary Fellow award”, College of Venereologists of Sri Lanka - October 2004
3. Award for “Pioneering work in field of HIV/AIDS” by ATG (AIDS Treatment Group, India) - January 2002
4. Awarded “Honorary Member” - The Latvian Association of Dermatology-Venereology, Latvia, Riga - September 21, 2000
5. Visiting Professor in Dermatovenereology & AIDS Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) at Galveston, USA - March 2001
6. Awarded “Dr. Ambady Oration Award” for outstanding achievement, 29th National Conference of IADVL, Agra - February 2001
7. National Consultant for Control of STDs & AIDS for West Bengal Sexual Health Project - Appointed by British Deputy High Commission- DFID
8. Appointed as Chief Physician in team organizing guidelines for “Management of Clinical HIV/AIDS Medicine” for National AIDS Control Organization, Union Ministry of Health, Government of India
9. “Silver Jubilee Oration Award”, Institute of Venereology, Chennai, India (instituted by Indian Association of STD & AIDS)
10. Secured top rank in MD Dermatology-Venereology, University of Mumbai – May 1974
11. Recipient of Honorary International STDs/AIDS Diploma [Dip STDs/AIDS (Bangkok)]: Consortium of Thai Training Institutes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS (COTTISA) – May 2010.
12. Dr. J.C. Patel- Dr. B. C. Mehta, JAPI Award 2008, Category : Best Case Report, Titled : Primary HIV-1 infection – A “Window of Opportunity “for Health Care Providers, J. Assoc. Physicians India 2008; 56(08): 628-632.
"M.S. (ORTHOPAEDICS) Over 15 years."
Dr. Jashan Vishwanath is a Orthopaedics And Joint Replacement Surgeon in Jaslok Hospital.
Joint Replacement Fellowship (Singapore).
Orthopaetric Fellowship (Switzerland).
Many articles/papers in International journals including 'Journal Of Arthroplasty'."
MS, CPS, FCPS, DNB Orthopaedics
Consultant Hepatologist/Gastroenterologist and Therapeutic Endoscopist Digestive & Liver Care (Gastroenterology - GI Care)
"B.D.S; M.D.S. Over 35 years"
Maxillofacial Oncology, Maxillofacial Trauma, Maxillofacial Deformities, Correction of facial deformities, Distraction Osteogenesis, TMJ diseases, Skull base surgeries, Reconstruction procedures in head & neck surgeries, Diseases of Salivary glands, TMJ Ankylosis & Diseases, Aesthetic Maxillofacial surgeries
Awarded by President of iNdia at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Jul'2011 for work on Precancerous & Cancerous Lesions in Oral cavity
DNB (Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations) in Neurology- December 1995 MD in Internal Medicine (University of Gujarat, India)- November 1991 MBBS (University of Gujarat, India)- April 1987
"* Fellowship in clinical Epileptology 2000 from Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio
* Fellowship in Invasive Epileptology from Montreal Neurological Institute, Canada 2005"
"Dr Joy D. Desai is a consultant neurologist and DNB teacher for Neurology at the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. He completed his MBBS and MD in Internal Medicine from the BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. During this period he was the recipient of three gold medals. He then moved to Mumbai and completed his DNB in Neurology at the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. During this period he was trained by Professors Noshir Wadia, Piroja Wadia, Sarosh Katrak, and Anil Desai. He attributes his neurological skills to their tutelage. During this tenure he participated in departmental clinical research.
He then moved to The Royal London Hospital, London, UK for a period of three years for a fellowship in clinical neurology. He participated in clinical research and published extensively. He joined the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre as Consultant in Neurology in 1999. In 2000, he took a three month fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. He successfully completed a Comprehensive Epileptology Course conducted by the Cleveland Clinic and passed the examination with an outstanding percentage.
Since 2000 he conducts the weekly specialist Epilepsy Clinic at Jaslok Hospital where he evaluates patients with refractory epilepsy for potential treatments and epilepsy surgery. He is an active participant in the video-EEG evaluation of such patients at Jaslok Hospital. Under his supervision, more than 90 patients have undergone epilepsy surgery after a comprehensive evaluation by the epilepsy evaluation team. More than 5000 patients have been evaluated and many have been rendered seizure free on rationalization of anti-epileptic drug regimes.
Many of his national and international presentations have been a spin-off of this experience. He is currently the secretary of the Mumbai Epilepsy Association. The Epilepsy Clinic at Jaslok Hospital offers services for the comprehensive evaluation of patients with epilepsy and epilepsy mimics. The clinic functions in close association with departments of clinical neurophysiology, radiology, functional imaging, neuropsychology , and stereotactic and functional neurosurgery."
"Awarded 3 gold medals during academic career
* For distinction in Anatomy - 1985
* For distinction in General Medicine - 1987
* For distinction in Internal Medicine - 1991
* Doshi PK, Joy D, Karkera B, Wadia PM. Bilateral pedunculopontine nucleus stimulation for progressive supranuclear palsy; Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 2015;93:59–65
* Desai J and Shah S. Neurological dysfunction in chronic liver disease: an under recognized parkinsonian-plus syndrome. Neurology 2004; Suppl (Abstract)
* Patel AK, Patel KK, Shah HD, Desai J. Immune reconstitution syndrome presenting with cerebral varicella zoster vascultis in HIV-1 infected patient: a case report. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic III).2006;5:157-160
* Desai J. Epilepsy and Cognition. Invited Review. J Pediatr Neurosci 2008:3(1); 16-29
* Desai J. Perspectives on interactions between antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) and antimicrobial agents. Epilepsia 2008; 49 (Suppl 6):47-49"
MS (General Syrgery), M S (Paediatric Surgery)
"Special expertise in Disorders of Sexual Development i.e. children born with ambiguous genitalia.
Runs a BLADDER CLINIC for children who have urinary incontinence, children who leak urine.
NEONATAL surgery, Hypospadias."
Worked at Sir J.J.Group of Hospitals & Grant Medical College from 1977 to 2005, almost 28 years, first as Associate Professor and later as Professor and Head of the Department. Also worked at Wadia
Children’s Hiospital as Professor & Head of the dept. from 2006 to 2007.
"Was awarded the British Commonwealth Fellowship, and worked in London at the Hospital for Sick Children Great Ormond Street for 1 year.
Established the first of its kind laboratory for 24 hours pH probe and anorectal manometry for children at J.J.Hospital"
"M.S. (GENERAL SURGERY), FIAGES, FALS CONS.GENRAL.SURGEON & LAPAROSCOPIST 1981 – M.S. (Gen. Surgery) from B.Y.L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai 1978 – M.B.B.S. from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai More than 28 years"
Gastro-intestinal and laparoscopic surgeries
Is a practicing General and Laparoscopic surgeon in Mumbai since last 23 years. He did his MBBS and MS (General Surgery )from Nair Hospital. He di dhis Fellowship in minimally invasive surgery (FIAGES) in India in 2007. He is affiliated to Jaslok and Bhatia Hospital &faculty as Ethicon institute of Endo-surgery.He has presentations at local, national as well as international level. He has participated in many workshops at National level. His vision is to have a department of Minimal Access Surgery and perform more advanced and complex laparoscopic surgeries.He is also interested in imparting training to residents and to absorb them in the team once they are ready to work.
"2014 – Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS), India
2007 – Fellowship in minimally invasive surgery (FIAGES), India "
"MBBS 1983 from Mumbai University MS 1988 from Mumbai University FRCS Part A 1991 Edinburgh FRCS Part B & C 1992 Edinburgh FRCS CS / G 1992 England Year of Practice: 23 years "
"1. Trained in General Surgery at BYL Nair hospital and did his Masters of Surgery (M.S.) from the University of Mumbai.
2. Thereafter, obtained training as a Laparoscopic Surgeon at St. Georges Hosp Medical School, London and worked in UK for a period of 8 years. Became a fellow of the two most reputed surgical colleges in UK viz. Royal College of Surgeons of London and Edinburgh.
3. Later worked as a Consultant Surgeon, London with main interest in Minimally Invasive / Laparoscopic Surgery.
4. He has also undergone training at the world’s leading laparoscopic training centres in Strasbourgh (ETIS), Bordeaux, Guildford (MATTU) and with Prof. Cuscheri at Dundee.
5. Has a 15 years experience as a Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon at leading hospitals in Mumbai. "
1. IASG(Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology)
2. IAGES(Indian Association of Gestrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons)
3. ASI (Association of Surgeons of India) ACADEMICS/AWARDS/RESEARCH
4. Surgical tutor at EISE (Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education).
5. Teaching faculty member at CEMAST (Centre of Excellence in Minimal Access Surgery Training).
RECENT PUBLICATION / PRESENTATION
Unusual presentation of Endometriosis with haemorrhagic ascites: Journal of Obst and Gynaec; Sep 2015.
Free online copy of this article can be obtained from :
• Original paper presentation on “Control of hernia defect in Ventral hernias” at the Hernia Society of India annual conference (HSICON) at Hyderabad 10-13 Sep 2015. "
"M.S.(Gen Surg), M.Ch(Ped Surg) He has successfully performed a variety of advanced surgeries in young children and newborns. He is one of the pioneers in the country to have brought the benefits of laparoscopic surgery to the care of children and newborns. In 1998, even when there were few adult surgeons practicing advanced laparoscopic surgery, he trained himself in this field to offer the benefits of minimal access surgery in the surgical treatment of children."
He has given several talks on various aspects of pediatric surgery and is actively involved with the training of pediatric surgeons in pediatric laparoscopy. He has authored a number of chapters on pediatric surgery in various Text books of Pediatrics and is on the editorial board of the Journal of the Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons and The International Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatal care. In the past he has been the editor of GRASP – the journal of the Association of Medical Consultants.
"Dr. Ketan Parikh is a practicing pediatric surgeon in the city of Mumbai since almost 30 years. He has got his basic medical training from the Grant Medical College in Mumbai where he also did his post-graduation in surgery and super-specialisation in pediatric surgery. Besides his private practice, he has been associated with 8 charitable and semi-charitable hospitals of the city, the principal ones being, Jaslok, Nanavati, Hirananadani, Seven Hills & Hindusabha hospitals. He has also regularly updated himself with the various developments in the field of pediatric surgery. In 1998, he served as a visiting fellow at the Hospital for sick children – Great Ormond Street, London and also the pediatric hospital at Birmingham. Subsequently he was a visiting professor at the Childrens’ hospital – Boston where he has been exposed to advanced fetal care and also pediatric robotic surgery."
Org Chairman: IAPSCON 2015
Past President: Association of Medical Consultants, IMA-NEBS branch.
In the past, he has been the President of the local branch of IMA and Association of Medical Consultants.
He is currently the Chairman of the Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons of India."
"MD(PED.), DCH Forty years in general pediatrics, 30 years in pediatric nephrology."
Management of complicated kidney disease in children, kidney biopsies in children. Preparing chronic kidney disease of kidney transplants.
Fellow of Indian Society of Nephrology and Indian academy of Pediatrics.
Awarded orations by ISN, IAP and ISPN. Research in immunology of hephrohe syndrome published in Arch disease of childhood and other internationals journals."
MD, European Certification in Medical Oncology.
"Maheboob M. Basade is a professor of Medical Oncology at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. He is a full-time cancer specialist at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. He is doing a PhD degree in the Pharmacogenomics in cancer. He is executive body member of Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology.
He joined Jaslok Hospitals in 1997 and established the best stem cell transplantation department in the hospital. Today, he is considered as one of the top oncologists in Mumbai
Apart from clinical work, I have been associated with many research projects dealing with clinical trials of new drugs, phase II / III clinical studies in cancer research as Principal Investigator.Presently, I am doing Ph.D. in Pharmacogenomics in ovarian cancer. I am recognized teacher for DNB Medical Oncology."
Awarded with International Scientist’s Visiting Fellowship in Hematology / Oncology. Worked with Dr. A. T. Look in Dept. of Experimental Oncology on oncogene MYCN detection by fluorescence in situ hybridization ( FISH ). Learned DNA extraction, non-isotopic labeling of MYCN DNA probe and also analysis of DNA ploidy by flowcytometry.
Fellowship awarded by Javeri Foundation at The New York Hospital. Learnt the state-of-the art in peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and autologous bone marrow transplantation and cryopreservation, purging with Dr. Subhash C. Gulati .
I was visiting Fellow for a period at the Europe’s largest bone marrow transplantation centre. I was able to learn matched- unrelated, allogeneic and autologous bone marrow transplantation in multiple myeloma, acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Awards and Honours:
1· Regional Representative of India/Pakistan/Bangladesh on European Society of Medical Oncology
2· National Merit Scholarship awarded by Govt. Of India ( period 1982 to 1988)
3· Implemented for the first time in India, the role of peripheral stem cell transplantation In chronic myeloid leukemia
4· Performed India’s first unrelated umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation in Thalassemia Major
5· Conducted Asia’s first case of unrelated cord blood stem cell transplantation in Krabbe’s disease
6· Performed India’s first one marrow stem cell transplantation in sickle cell disease
7· Associated with many Clinical trials of new drugs as a Principal Investigator
8· Recognized teacher for DNB. Medical Oncology"
"B.D.S.(Bom) M.D.S.(Bom) I have been in private practice since1982"
I the been in practice since 1982. After a short stint in Boston (TUFTS), I returned to Mumbai and started my clinic in Kemps Corner, Mumbai. I have been practicing General Dentistry since the last 35 years with special interest in Endodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry.
I am very passionate in updating my skills and knowledge by attending various Conferences , seminars, etc. I have been a Consultant with Jaslok Hospital since the last 11 years. My primary objective has always been to provide my patients the best quality of dental treatment available to them modern dentistry
"HON.UROLOGIST MS (Gen. Surgery), F.R.C.S.(Urology), Diplomate, American Board of Urology, USA Asst. Prof. of Urology, N.J. College of Medicine, USA 1968-73. Hon. Associate Prof. Of Urology, Grant Medical College, Mumbai 1977-82. Hon.Prof.of Urology and Chairman, Dept. of Urology, Grant Medical College, Mumbai 1982-1994. Teacher of Diplomate National Board 19987-2009. "
Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS Dr. B.C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India 1999. President, Urology Society of India 2001-2002.
Sir Sitaram Patkar Gold Medal at MBBS 1960. Pinnamanei Rao Gold Medal by Urol. Soc. Of India 1998. Urology Gold Medal by Urol. Soc. Of India 2002.
Urology Gold Medal by West Zone of USI 2003. Examiner for M.Ch.(Urol) at Bombay Univ,AIIMS, PGI/Chandigarh, Managalore Univ, Gujarat Univ.
Examiner for DNB examination in Urology. Member of the committee to frame Rules for ""Maharashtra Kidney Transplantation Act"" 1982. Established Kidney Transplant Program at J.J. Hospital, Mumbai.
Delivered several orations, conducted several workshops and symposis at National Scientific Meetings. "
After post graduation Dr M M Bahadur has worked at a spectrum of health care facilities from primary care to the superspeciality tertiary care set up. Such an experience has given him unparalleled clinical acumen, and bedside diagnostic skills. Working at Jaslok Hospital which has cutting edge technology makes further perfect blend for a physician. He has a distinction of doing maximum renal transplants individually in Maharashtra. He believes in looking at the patient as a whole ensuring the best health outcome for the patient. He believes in ethical practice and has excellent rapport with the patients
1. American Society of Nephrology
2. The Transplantation Society
3. Indian Society of Nephrology
4. Indian Society of Transplantation
5. Association of Physicians of India
MS, FICS, FCPS
"Surgical Oncologist covering all areas
* Gynaec Oncology
* Breast Cancer"
"He as first to video record all the operations in the specialty & has shown their techniques in various conferences. He was first to do neobladder, radical prostatecomy nerve sparing RPLND and successfully handling level three IVC thrombus in Renal Cell Carcinoma by atrio-venous bypass along with cardiac surgeon, first time in this country.
He conducted first time in India workshop in Urp-oncology & Gynaecological oncology in 1992 at the Tata Memorial Hospital"
1. ""Life Time Achievement Award"" Year 2006
For contribution in Urooncology and as a Father of Uro oncology in India. Given by Gujrath Cancer Research Institute (Ahmedabad)
2. ""Gold Medal"" for initiating Uro oncology in India Father of Uro oncology in India
Given by Urologic Society of India West Zone. Year 2012
3. Honour for outstanding contribution in Urology (as Urooncologist) From Mumbai Urological Society. Year 2013
4. Founder of Uro oncology in India and Pioneer in managing Urological cancers. From Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (Mumbai) Year 2013"
MD [Dermatology and Venereology], D.V.D D.N.B [Diplomate of the National Board (Dermatology)]
Dr. Malavika Kohli is a well established Dermatologist and one of the pioneers of Aesthetic Dermatology in India with twenty years of experience in the field of Aesthetic Dermatology. She is the Director of Skin Secrets which is a Dermatology and Aesthetics Centre of excellence, located in South Mumbai. At ‘Skin Secrets’ along with her team she routinely consults and counsels patients for all Dermatology related disorders and diseases. Always ahead with technology she has multiple lasers and light systems for hair removal, photo rejuvenation, skin tightening and fractional skin resurfacing. Enhancing and rejuvenation procedures such as botox, fillers, skin tightening and scar reductions are performed at her centre. She has been one of the first to introduce Mesotherapy and Lipolysis treatments in the country.
Physician practicing purely in South Mumbai, since 1990
M.S. Neurosurgery from Bombay University in 1975
Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm and intractable vertigo. Endoscopic Neurosurgery, Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy and transoral surgery for atlanto axial dislocation
Dr. Manoj Virani passed M.S. Neurosurgery in 1975. He was appointed as Hon. Professor of Neurosurgery and the Head of Department at the Grant Medical College and J.J.Group of Hospitals in 1977 where he worked until 1994. Dr. Virani is a recognized teacher of the Bombay University in Neurosurgery from May 1978. He has been associated with Jaslok hospital since 1995.
Dr. Virani was the first Asian International Scholar and fellow in microneurosurgery at the Clinic International Centre, USA in 1979. He has trained in
1. Microneurosurgery under Dr. Charles Wilson, University of California and San Francisco, United States
2. Percutaneous Endoscopic discectomy and limbar microdiscectomy with Prof. M. Brock, Berlin University
3. Neuroendoscopy with Prof. m.R.Gaab, University of Hannover, Germany
4. Minimally invasive neurosurgery and neuroendoscopy at the 1st Asian workshop on Stereotactic, Functional and Computer Assisted Neurosurgery and Neuroendoscopy, Singapore General Hospital.
Ph.D(Psychology), Certified Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
Dr. Maya Kirpalani is an Hon. Consultant in Psychologist & Family Therapist at Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre.
32 years of experience in carrying out intensive psychotherapeutic counselling sessions with indoor and outdoor patients. Emphasis on family therapy.
FELLOWSHIP Fellowship obtained from Council of International Program Fellowship (CIF) France (1983).
Fellowship from the Council of International Programs (CIP) USA and the Fulbright Office (India) under auspices of United States Information Agency (1989-1990).
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS Jerome H. Ford Scholarship from Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic's Family Therapy Centre, Philadelphia (USA) 1990. Merit scholarship in Applied Psychology, University of Bombay (1981-1982).
"MD (Pediatrics), DCH Over 35 years"
"* Consultant Paediatrician for last 35 years
* Ex-professor Paediatrics Grant Medical College & Sir JJ Group of Hospitals
* Ex-Teacher in Paediatrics, Mumbai University [1985-2010]
* Consultant Paediatrician in Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre for last 23 yrs
* DNB Post Graduate Guide for last 15 yrs."
"MBBS, MS (Gen. Surg.), DNB More than 20 years"
Head and Neck, Gastrointestinal, Gynaec and Breast Malilgnanceis
Honorary Consultant in surgical Oncosurgery. Attached to Jaslok Hospital since 1997. After finishing his MS general Surgery from KEM he underwent Oncosurgery training from the TATA memorial hospital for 8 years. Has many publications to his name in various national and international journals.
"1. Visiting Fellowship in First Dept.of surgery for Esophageal cancer at Kurume University school of Medicine.
2. Visiting Fellowship in Dept. of Surgery for Esophageal and gastro-intestinal surgery at Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong kong.
1) “S R Joglekar Gold Medal” for Best scientific article for 1993 Ind. J Surgery
2) “C V Menon Gold Medal” for Best scientific article(co-author) for 1994 Ind J Surgery
3) Prof. K.P. Sinha/ Prof. P.S. Krishnan Award for Best paper published in Ind. J Clin Biochem 1996"
"HON. OPHTHALMIC SURGEON M.S. (Mumbai), D.O.M.S., F.C.P.S, D.N.B., F.R.C.S. Edinurgh (U.K), Ex-Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Switzerland over 15 years"
"* Phacoemulfication cataract surgery with monofocal and multifocal lenses.
* Lasers for Medical Retina (Diabetes and other retinal conditions)
* Refractive Laser Surgery.
* Ocular Oncology"
"* Shetye N.G., Uffer S., Balmer A., Beck-Popovic M., Gaillard M.C., Munier F.L. Cryptic optic nerve involvement with tumor-free papillary and peripapillary area in a group D retinoblastoma following chemoreduction. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2008;49:ARVO E-Abstract 15
* Co-author of the chapter “Ultrasound In Ophthalmology”: in Textbook Of Ophthalmology (4 vols.) by Agarwal, Agarwal, Apple, Buratto, Alio, Pandey, Agarwal; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd."
"MBBS, MS (general surgery), M.Ch. Pediatric surgery, DNB Practising Ped. Surgery from 1988, 27 years of experience"
Pediatric Urosurgery especailly reconstructive surgery & neonatal surgery
During my career as Senior Pediatric surgeon, have handled many complicated Pediatric Surgical Problems. I am at present service head of Pediatric surgery, Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital of children. It is a teaching hospital for Pediatric surgery where I am attached at Honarary Ped surgeon.
I am also into minimally invasive surgery in children. I also quite a few laparascopic & thoracoscopic work. I have performed a number of Genitourinary reconstruction which requires higly expertize surgery with very good results.
* Faculty member at Medico-surgical meet & other CME programs
M.D.(BOM), F.C.P.S(CPS), M.B., M.C.P.S. (CPS) F.I.C.A(USA) F.A.M.S., F.R.S.H. (London) 34years
Diabetes & Cardiology, MODS-specialty (Multi Organ Disease Symptoms)
He is been practising as a senior consultant physician, cardiologist and diabetologist since 1981 onwards. I have been bestowed 'Best Physician'-Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Awards n 1996. I am privileged to be treating "who's who" of the society including various Heads of the GCC states, corporates, politicians, film personalities and each and every one from all walks of life. I hail from philanthropist family from Saurashtra. I am a socialworker at large including helping poor patients from our family TRUST
• Tumoral Calcinosis (teutschlander Disease) in dialysis patients at Indian Journal of Nephrology, July2008 • INVITED FACULTY SPEAKER IN BALTIMORE, USA — ""INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE — NEPHROLOGY"" TOPIC ""DYSLIPIDEMIA IN DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY"" September 2015.
• American Diabetic Association (ADA) • European Association for study of Diabetes (EASD) • American Heart Association (AHA) • European Society of Cardiology (ESC) • International Diabetic Forum (IDF) Opinion Leader From India • Association of Physicians of India (API) • Research society for the study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) MERITS & AWARS
• Presentation of Thesis in ""Mysthenia — Gravis"" mumbai University 1981 • Best Physician, Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Award 1992 • Samajshree Award 1993 • Vikas Ratna Award 1999 • Mother India International Award 1999
"MD (MEDICINE), DNB(MEDICINE), DNB(CARDIOLOGY) FELLOWSHIP IN INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY & CARDIOVASCULAR IMAGING (SOUTH KOREA) "
"I am a Full Time Consultant Cardiologist working at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre since the last 6 years. I have received special training in Echocardiography and Interventional Cardiology as well as Cardiovascular Imaging.
I have a special interest in Cardiovascular Research and am currently involved in several research projects conducted by Jaslok Hospital.
I am also a Member of the Apex Research Committee and Scientific Committee of Jaslok Hospital. I was also a part of the Core committee for formulation of the Indian Guidelines on Hypertension III – 2013. I am the editor of several books for medical students and practitioners.
I have also written several review articles and case reports which have been published in reputed national and international journal. I believe in all round patient care and seeing each and every patient as an individual. I ensure that patients are given adequate time and attention so as to minimize hospital stay and optimize patient outcomes – in order to return each and every patient to optimal Physical and Mental Health"
"* Awarded ‘Amar Gandhi Award for outstanding Resident’ in February 2013 in Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre
* Awarded Employee of the Month for the month of August 2013 in Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre.
* Awarded the Certificate for standing first in Final MBBS by the All India Jain Medical Students’ Conference in Mumbai in October 2005.
* Distinctions in Microbiology, Ophthalmology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pediatrics during M.B.B.S.
* Vice Chancellor’s Certificate of Merit for standing First in Final M.B.B.S. Examination 2003 held by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
* Rai Bahadur Gold Medal for standing First in Final M.B.B.S. Examination 2003 held by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
* First in the Certificate Course of Diabetology held by College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai in 2008
* Vice Chancellor’s Certificate of Merit for standing Third in M.D. (General Medicine) Examination 2009 held by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik"
"HON. HEPATOBILLARY SURGEON MS, DNB FRCS Consultant Surgeon 4 years training in General Surgery at KEM Hospital Mumbai 4 years training at the Royal Free Hospital in London in Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, and Colorectal Surgery 18 years as Consultant in the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology at Jasslok Hospital and Research Center "
Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Liver and Pancreatic Resections, Acute and Chronic pancreatitis, Reoperative surgery, especially Repair of Bile duct injury at cholecystectomy, Surgery for Portal hypertension, Surgery in chronic liver disease, Gastrointestinal cancers
I have been working as a specialist Surgical Gastroenterologist since 1997 at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center. Our Department of Surgical Gastroenterology is nationally and internationally recognised as a Center for tertiary care in this specialty and as a training centre for the 3year postgraduate degree course in Surgical Gastroenterology awarded by the National Board in Delhi. Apart from providing a service for relatively simple problems like Gallstone disease, we are referred patients from all over India and neighboring countries for treating complex GI problems like Recurrent abdominal sepsis, Liver and Pancreas surgeries, Reoperative abdominal surgery, and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
We have an academic multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of these problems with well trained Anesthetists, Intensive care physicians, Endoscopy services and Interventional Radiology services to ensure outcomes at par with the leading international centers.
"Gold Medal in General Surgery from the University of Mumbai
TopDoc award 3 years in a row voted by peers as Best doctor in the specialty in Mumbai
Fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery at Mayo Clinic "
"M.D Medicine Practicing in Mumbai since 2004 "
Dr. Om Shrivastav had completed his training in M.D. ( Medicine ) from India. He then commenced his training in Sydney, Australia where he trained at St. Vincent’s Hospital, Liverpool Hospital & Royal North Shore Hospital.
Fellowship in Infectious Diseases and Immunology from Sydney, Australia
Member Technical Committee Maharashtra on swine
Member Malaria death review committee
Member swine flu death review committee
Member Dengue death review committee.
"MS (Surgery) FRCS MCh (Urology) DNBE (Urology) "
Completed training in Urology at the KEM Hospital in Mumbai.
Then worked at the University College Hospital in London for specialized training in Urologic Oncology and Reconstructive Urology.
Also worked at the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children in London for specialized training in Pediatric Urology.
Presently working at several hospitals in Mumbai, as Consultant Urologist & Transplant Surgeon.
Also a member of the Medical Advisory Panel of the Family Planning Association of India.
Have numerous publications on various subjects in Urology, in both national and international journals.
Have participated in over 40 national and international conferences usually as an invited speaker on specialized subjects in Urology.
Member of the Urological Society of India. Member of the St. Peters Society, London. Member of the SIU (Society Urology Internationale).
Member of the Indian American Urology Association.
Member of the Family Planning Association of India. Member of the Asian Society of Pediatric Urology Member of the Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
Publications: 1. 'Evaluation of erectile function by N.P.T.' IASECTS Journal of Research in Sexology.
2. 'Prognostic markers in upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage' Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
3. 'Comparison of various techniques of small bowel anastamoses. Indian Journal of Surgery.
4. 'Bladder dysfunction in Herpes Zoster.' Indian Journal of Urology.
5. ‘Spontaneous rupture of a defunctioned urinary bladder - an unusual complication of pelvic irradiation.’ Indian Journal of Urology.
6. ‘TUIP versus TURP: a subjective and objective analysis in 220 patients.' British Journal of Urology.
7. 'Transurethral incision of the prostate under local anaesthesia.’ Indian Journal of Urology.
8. 'Leiomyoma of the female urethra.’ Indian Journal of Urology.
9. ‘Long term outcome after percutaneous treatment of Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the renal pevis.’ Journal of Urology .
10. 'Lower Pole Heminephrectomy: its role in treating nonfunctioning lower pole segments.' Journal of Urology.
11. ‘Use of the Holmium: YAG laser for ureteric stones.’ British Journal of Urology."
MBBS, MD, DNB, DM [Gastro] 20 years in field of therapeutic endosocpy
Consultant Interventional Gastroenterologist with vast experience and expertise in advanced therapeutic endoscopy and interventional endoscopic ultrasonography. Trained at BYL Nair Hospital for DM Gastroenterology. Spent 5 years for advanced interventional endoscopy training in India, Germany, United States. One of the pioneers to establish advanced therapeutic endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasonography in India. Currently performing over 4000 procedures per year.
"DNB (MED), DNB (GI), Hepatologist "
Hepatology and medical management liver transplantation.
After gastroenterology qualification in 2003, I have obtained training in hepatology and liver transplantation in Hyderabad and later at university of pittsburgh.
Since last 8 years as a consultant gastroenterologist, I have chosen liver disease and transplantation as my sub speciality and have been involved in care of these patients and also have participated in clinical studies in this field.
My future goal is to study immunology related to transplant and its application in this field.
"MS, FCPS, FRCS, MNAMS (Urology) over 30 years of experience"
Dr. Chibber took his basic medical and general surgical training and degree from the TN Medical College and Nair Hospital , Mumbai.
He stood FIRST in the University of Mumbai at the MS (Gen Surgery) exam and also at the FCPS examination. He took his specialized training in Urology at the University of Edinburgh Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh.
He took further training in percutaneous Renal Surgery and Radiology at the Institute of Urology : the St Peter’s and Paul’s Hospitals, London and at the Long Island Jewish Hospital, New York.
Dr. Chibber pioneered the practice and teaching of PCNL, Ureteroscopy and Laparosopic Urology in India.
He was Hon. Professor and Head of Urology and Renal Transplantation at the Grant Medical College and the JJ Group of Hospitals and left after 25 years.
He has also been with the Jaslok Hospital for the last 25 years."
• President of the Urological Society of India (2015)
• Past President of the West Zone Chapter of the USI and of the Mumbai Urology Society.
• Examiner at PG exams in Urology at the Mumbai University, Gujarat University, All India Institute of Urology etc.
• Four Gold Medals for standing first in the University of Bombay (MS)
• Gold Medal for standing first at the FCPS examination
• Invited scholar at the Cleveland Clinic for Laparoscopic Urology
• Director of Laparoscopic Training at the Johnsons & Johnson Course in Mumbai
• Training Faculty at CEMAST, Mumbai
• Numerous citations, orations and invited lectures in India and abroad (USA, Europe, UK, and Australia) "
"M.B.B.S., MD, DNB (Gen Medicine), DM, DNB (Neurology) Clinical Fellowship in Movement Disorders – University of Toronto, Department of Neurology "
Movement Disorders, Botulinum toxin therapy, Deep Brain Stimulation
"Dr. Wadia completed his neurology training from the Topiwala National Medical College. After completing his medical training in India, he pursued a 2.5 years Movement Disorders fellowship at the University of Toronto, Canada under Dr. Anthony Lang and Dr. Elena Moro. The fellowship included a 6 month training program in caring and programming patients who had received Deep Brain Stimulation. During his fellowship he had the opportunity to present his research paper on restlessness in parkinsonism at the prestigious American Academy of Neurology as a platform presentation. He has joined the Jaslok Hospital and Research Center (JHRC) since October 2008.
Dr. Wadia has published articles in leading international journals and two book chapters. He has been actively involved in clinical research and has participated in several international research projects. The ongoing research projects include the role of TRODAT scans in drug induced parkinsonism and atypical parkinsonism, ‘Khat’ induced oromandibular dystonia, clinical phenotype of patients with SCA-12 and the study of interleaving in programming patients with deep brain stimulators.
He is currently running the Movement Disorders clinic at JHRC, which has been treating patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD), Parkinsonism, Dystonia, Tremors, Wilson’s disease, Tourette’s syndrome and other Movement Disorders since 1992. Dr. Wadia offers botulinum toxin therapy with and without EMG guidance and is actively involved with the functional neurosurgical program, offering advanced treatments like deep brain stimulation (for various diseases like PD, dystonia and tremors). The movement disorder clinic is held on Monday and Friday from 11am to 1pm.
He is founding member of Movement Disorder Society of India and a member of the international Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorders Society and Indian Academy of Neurology. He is actively involved in the Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorder Society (PDMDS) an NGO for persons with Parkinson’s disease. "
"i. Doshi PK, Joy D, Karkera B, Wadia PM. Bilateral pedunculopontine nucleus stimulation for progressive supranuclear palsy; Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery 2015;93:59–65
ii. Wadia PM, Howard P, Ribeirro M, Robble J, Asante A, Mikulis D, Lang AE. The value of GRE, ADC and routine MRI in distinguishing parkinsonian disorders, Canadian Journal of Neurol Sciences, 2013; 40: 389-402
iii. Wadia PM, Tan G, Munhoz RP, Fox SH, Lewis SJ, Lang AE. Surgical correction of kyphosis in patients with Camptocormia due to Parkinson’s disease – A retrospective evaluation. J Neurol Neurosurg Psych 2011;82(4):364-368
iv. Wadia PM, Lim SY, Lozano AM, Adams JR, Y Poon, C Torresdiaz, Moro E. Bilateral Pallidal Stimulation for X Linked Dystonia Parkinsonism (XDP). Archives of Neurol 2010;67(8):1012-1015
v. Wadia PM, Lang AE, Moro E. Selecting appropriate dystonic patients for GPi Stimulation. In: Bain P, Aziz T, Liu X, Nandi D, eds. Deep Brain Stimulation. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009: 107-125.
vi. Wadia PM, Lang AE. The many faces of corticobasal degeneration. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2007: 13; S336-S340. "
"MBBS, DOMS., MS.,FRCS (Ed), FRC Ophth(UK). Director Ophthalmology. 25 years"
"*Phacoemulfication cataract surgery with monofocal and multifocal lenses.
*Refractive Laser Surgery"
Dr Phiroze Patel joined Jaslok Hospital in January 1992. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmology United Kingdom .He specialises in phacoemulsificaton cataract surgery and medical -surgical retina. He has made presentations in national and international meetings over the past 30 years. He has been presented many awards and medals. His teaching programme in ophthalmology at Jaslok have been very popular and rewarding.
He continues to practise as a referral consultant.
"MD, FCPS, FICA (USA) 45years of practices"
Ex. Prof. of Medicien (Grant Medical college), Examiner for BDS, MBBS, MD
Chairman of API(Bombay branch for one year, Writing paper for Indian & International Journals
"Master of surgery –university of Mumbai 1998 FRCS (UK) 1999 CCT (completion of training in coloproctology UK) 2006 Minimally invasive visceral surgery---Hamburg Germany Procedure for prolapsed and piles-------Liverpool UK Laparoscopic hernia surgery----------- Edinburgh Scotland Advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery----Hamburg Germany Advanced laparoscopic general and colorectal surgery fellowship---Yorkshire UK STARR procedure (advanced procedure for defaecatory disorders) ----Dundee UK Sacral Nerve stimulation for bowel incontinence----------------Liverpool UK Prone Abdominoperineal resection for Rectal cancer--Guys and st Thomas London Lap ventral rectopexy--Wythenshaw Manchester "
"Dr Prajesh bhuta completed his basic surgical training in one of the premier hospitals in Mumbai
He subsequently went to the UK to subspecialise in colorectal surgery.
Over 10 years in the UK he has gained immense experience in dealing with all bowel related issues both benign and malignant.
He was previously a consultant colorectal surgeon at st Helens and knowsley hospital Liverpool where he was the clinical lead of day care and laparoscopic unit.
We offer minimal invasive approach for piles ,fissures and fistulas
He is a part of pelvic floor unit at jaslok looking into pelvic floor issues like constipation, prolapsed and incontinence.
His combined experience from Indian and Europe helps him to offer a multidisciplinary and evidence approach at jaslok for all surgical diseases for the latest and best chance of cure. "
"M.D., F.R.S.M.(Lon.) 50 years in medicine, 40 years in Rheumatology over 40 years"
Dr. Prakash Pispati Director of Rheumatology - Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre,Mumbai 50 years in medicine, 40 years in Rheumatology, Modern Science of Arthritis and Rheumatism.
Post-doctoral training in rheumatology in the U.K. and the U.S. Author of several publications & international speaker lecturing in all five continents including Oxford, New York, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Melbourne, China, Bangkok, Singapore.
* IBMS lifetime Medical Achievement award in 2014
* Received Presidential Medal Asia Pacific- APLAR
* India Rheumatism Association disguished service Award
M.Sc, Ph.D., D.M.L.T., D.H.E., D.M.S.
Brief write up
Dr. Potdar is presently heading Department of Molecular Medicine & Biology for last 11 years. He has more than 30 years of research experience in the field of Cellular and Molecular Biology of cancer and other genetic disorders. He has worked as a Senior Scientist for 20 years at Cancer Research Institute (Present ACTRECT), Tata Memorial centre, Mumbai and done extensive research on establishing Biomarkers for early detection of lung and other cancers. Dr. Potdar is a fellow of National Institute of Health (NIH), USA and also worked as a faculty at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas, USA for 2 and half years. He has cloned 3 Novel genes such as GGT-REL, KPL1 & KLP2 during his fellowship at NIH, USA. Dr. Potdar is a recipient of prestigious National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA award and a Birla SmarakKosh, Mumbai award for his contribution in cancer research.
He has visited several universities in USA including Dr. James Watson’s (Noble Laureate) laboratory at Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y. At Jaslok, Dr. Potdar has established a Molecular Diagnostics and Stem Cell Research laboratory and carrying out various Research Programs in the field of Cancer Research and Stem Cell Research. Dr. Potdar’s Laboratory is considered as a one of the reference laboratory for R&D in Molecular Medicine and Stem Cell Research. He has trained more than 400 students in this field in which almost 75 students done research projects under his guidance for their dissertations of their M.Sc., M.Tech, M. Pharm and DNB degrees from various universities from India & abroad. Many of his students are doing their further studies in USA, UK, Australia, Saudi Arabia etc. Dr. Potdar has published more than 55 papers in national & International journals in the field of cancer research & stem cell research in several Medical Journals all over the World. He has successfully sequenced BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes and Wilson Diseases gene in his laboratory and discovered specific novel mutations in Indian population.
At Jaslok Hospital, Dr. Potdar has established complete molecular diagnostic laboratory for cancer genes, neurology, genetic disorders and infectious diseases. He has been associated with many organizations and hold positions in their committees. Dr. Potdar has honored with position of a Secretary for Scientific Advisory and Ethics Committee of Jaslok hospital for 5 years. He is presently “Vice President” of “Molecular Pathology Association of India (MPAI). Dr. Potdar is appointed as a reviewer for many national and international journals and attended several Conferences, Workshops and Seminars all over India and abroad.
His name is also included in Marquis Who's Who in World” Book 2012. He has been invited to be a member of organizing committees of one of the Cancer congress held in India and 3 Cancer congresses to be held in USA and Australia by OMICS group USA. Dr. Potdar is also appointed on an Editorial Board of 5 International Medical Journals. His profile & Publications are daily been viewed by several scientists all over the World on Research Gate. He has been invited as a member of delegation to visit Italian universities working in the field of Biotechnology, Stem cell & Regenerative medicine by Indo- Italian Chamber of Commerce (IICC), Mumbai in March 2015.
"DNB (General Surgery) DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology) Fellowship in Hepatobilliary & liver Transplantation"
Basic & advanced laparoscopic surgeries, Open/laparoscopic: Hepatobilliary and GI Surgery, Liver, Pancreas and Gall Bladder Surgeries, Colorectal Surgeries"
He is qualified Gastroenterologist at Jaslok Hospital since last 4 years. He has done fellowship in Hepatobilliary & liver transplantation. Presented many papers at national as well as international level and published articles in peer reviewed journals
M.D, F.R.C.A.II (UK), FIPP (USA)
Dr Preeti Doshi is a senior, internationally trained and qualified Pain Specialist attached to Jaslok hospital and Research Centre since 2001. She is the Consultant and In-charge of specialty Pain Management Clinic which has the facility to address various kinds of cancer and non-cancer pain conditions. She offers multimodal care for patients suffering from chronic pain including percutaneous interventions which forms an integral component of total pain management. She is the first lady in India to qualify with credentialing examination FIPP in 2009 conducted by the prestigious international Pain Society “World Institute of Pain” which is the only recognized fellowship in Pain Medicine at present.
Fifteen years of experience in Pain Management with expertise in performing the entire spectrum of interventions required to address different kinds of non-cancer and cancer pain syndromes. She has till date performed over 5000 interventional procedures from basic nerve blocks to the complex implantable therapies for severe intractable pain. Jaslok hospital is the leading centre in India for offering neuromodulation therapies with satisfactory results.
Fellowship in Interventional Pain Practice[FIPP] Regularly invited as a teaching faculty for various national and international conferences and courses and has many publications to her credit.
MBBS, DNB(MED), FELLOWSHIP (Rheumatology), Eular Certified Rheumatologist.
FELLOWSHIP Rheumatology (Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai. Eular Certification in Rheumatology (3 year Course).
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS Study of Metabolic bone disorder in Chronic Kidney disease patients.
Study of outcome of pregnancy in women with SLE with or without lupus Nephritis. Nine publications to her credit in several national journals."
Dr. Priyadarshi H. Doctor, Medical Director, has been at the forefront of numerous accomplishments since his childhood. He was a national scholar, passed his M.B.B.S. & ranked first in the examinations with sweeping all the awards in various categories. Subsequently he did his M.S. from J.J. Hospital with distinction sweeping all the Gold Medals kept for General Surgery. Due to the Dynamic Track Record he was awarded the Scholarship to attend medical training at Rowley & Whipps Cross Hospital U.K. He was one of the early enthusiasts of Laparoscopic Surgery and has done his first Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in 1991 when the technique was very new in this country and has done pioneering work on this subject. He also has to his credit many Advanced Laparoscopic procedures done for the first time in India. He earned his Fellowship in surgery from the U.K. & Edinburgh.
M.Sc., Ph.D. (Applied Biology) with 40 years experience in Medical Genetics.
"MD, DNB, MRCOG (London). Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Over 27 years."
High risk Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine, Ultrasonography-Guided Interventional Procedures, Hysterolaparoscopic surgery.
Original Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
Satoskar P.R. , Deshpande A.D. The value of ultrasonography in the diagnosis of adnexal masses J. Postgraduate Med., 1990; 37: 35-9.
Pradhan S.R., Salvi V.S., Satoskar P.R. Does Caesarean Section alter neonatal outcome in low birth weight babies? J of Obstet Gynaecol of India, 1998; 48: 2, 51 – 55.
Gupta A, Lokhandwala Y.Y., Satoskar P.R., Salvi V.S. Balloon Mitral Valvotomy in Pregnancy Maternal and Fetal Outcome : J Am Col Surg 1998, 187 : 409 – 415.
Satoskar PR, Salvi VS. Operative Intervention for delivery of the dead foetus: Bombay Hospital J 41, No. 2, 273 – 275: 1999.
Sheikh S, Satoskar P, Bhartiya D Expression of Insulin-like growth factor-1 and placental growth hormone mRNA in placentae : a comparison between normal and intrauterine growth retardation pregnancies Mol Human Reprod Vol 7, No. 3, 287 – 292 , 2001.
Colah R., Surve R., Nadkarni A., Phanasgaonkar S., Satoskar P, Mohanty D. Prenatal diagnosis of sickle syndromes in India: dilemmas in counseling. Prenat Diagn 25:345-349, 2005
Vora S, Shetty S, Salvi V, Satoskar P, Ghosh K A comprehensive screening analysis of antiphospholipid antibodies in Indian women with fetal loss. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2007 Jul 16 (Epub ahead of print)
Vora S, Ghosh K, Shetty S, Salvi V, Satoskar P Deep venous thrombosis in the antenatal period in a large cohort of pregnancies from western India. Thrombosis Journal, 5:9, 2007
Satoskar P:Management of severe preeclampsia and eclampsia The Journal of General Medicine Vol 19; 4 16-18, 2007
Satoskar P, Doshi K, Dalmia R, Bansal V, Dastur A: Changing trends in the management of Rh isoimmunization over a 14 year period in a tertiary institution ;1(1):23-25, 2010
Anirudh B Badade, Amar Bhide, Purnima Satoskar, Darshan Wadekar:Validation of the global reference for fetal weight and birth weight percentiles. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2013 Jul;23(3):266-8
Hargobind Foundation Medical Fellowship for the year 2000
FOGSI Ethicon traveling fellowship in 2000
FOGSI Imaging Science Award in 2001
FOGSI Rhogam Grant 2002.
M.B.B.S., M.S., M.Ch. (Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital)
General neurosurgery, pituitary adenoma, cerebello pontine angle tumors, brain and spinal tumors, trigeminal neuralgia, atlanto-axial dislocation, cervical and lumbar disc surgery, intracranial aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, arteriovenous fistulae
Dr. Nagpal was the first neurosurgery graduate of Bombay University and the Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital. He completed his neurosurgical training in 1968 and has been in practice since then. Dr. Nagpal was the first neurosurgeon in Mumbai to perform trans sphenoidal pituitary surgery.
Dr. Nagpal has been the guest of honor at various national and international conferences
Internal Medicine, Diabetes, Metabolic diseases, with Special interest in Clinical Cardiology/Cardiovascular Medicine, Preventive Cardiolog, Non-Interventional Cardiology.
With Jaslok Hospital since 01.08.2012 after 32 years with the Indian Railways, HOD-Coordinator Internal Medicine and Director Academic (DNB) at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
Now working as Consultant to the Dept.of Internal Medicine, cardio metabolic specialist, Diabetes and Clinical Cardiology.
• M.B.B.S (Topper) M.L.N Medical College, Allahabad.
• Gold Medal - M.D Internal Medicine, from King George’s Medical College, (at present KGMU) Lucknow
• Gold Medal for being the best Resident of the Institute, KGMC, Lucknow
• Gold Medal from, KGMC for being the best Resident of Institute, KGMC, Lucknow awarded by Hon. Governor of Uttar Pradesh
• Three years training in Diabetes and Cardiology from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India.
• One year of training in Cardiology, including Echo training from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Medical Institute (SGPGI) Lucknow, India.
• Fellowship -Preceptor ship Program on Diabetes, San Raffaele Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
• Selected FOR ODTS-OVERSEAS DOCTORS TRAINING SCHEME for London UK.
"Post graduate teacher & guide for medical graduates training for Diplomate of National Board in Respiratory Diseases DIR. PULMONARY M.D.(Med), D.N.B. (Respiratory Medicine) 25years"
"Raj Nanda Pulmonary Disease research fellowship in 1993
British Thorarcic society fellow at Glenfield Hospital, leicester UK
Sleep Medicine fellowship at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia and at St. Thomas's Hospital, London, UK"
"MBBS: 2005 (First rank), Dr. V. M. Medical Government collage Solapur M.S.: 2009 (Second rank), Government Medical Collage, Nanded M.Ch: 2013 (Second rank), Seth G.S Medical Collage & KEM Hospital, Mumbai After completion of under graduation and post graduation in government hospitals Dr. Ramdasi did his 3 year residency in Neurosurgery under Dr. Goel. He worked as research fellow to Dr. Goel for 6 months and as a lecturer for1 year. During this period he is specially trained in various complex brain and spinal cases. He is trained in operating malignant brain tumors like astrocytoma, medulloblastoma, and also benign tumours like meningioma and schwannomas. Apart from this he is expert in operating cases of spine tumours, degenerative spine disease and pediatric neurosurgical cases."
He has special interest in Skull base surgery. He is trained in operating complex Cranio-vertebral abnormalities and skull base tumors like acoustic shwannoma, pituitary adenomas and skull base meningiomas.
Dr. Ramdasi is currently a Consultant in Neurological Surgery at the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre since 1 year. He has completed his neurosurgical training from Seth G.S. Medical Collage and KEM hospital one of the best institutes in India.
"2nd Rank in the university in Mch exam 2013
Got Best paper awards at various national and international conferences.
Has published over 25 peer reviewed journal articles in international journals.
Has renowned research in complex Cranio-vertebral junction abnormalities and rare brain tumors. "
MS, Diploma in Joint Replacement surgery
M.D., D.P.M., Dip.N.B.E.
Dr. Rajesh Parikh, M.D., D.P.M., Dip.N.B.E. is the Director of Medical Research and Hon.
Neuropsychiatrist at the Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre.
He trained at the K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore. He has over 150 publications in journals such as Lancet, American Journal of Psychiatry, British Journal of Psychiatry, Archives of General Psychiatry, Archives of Neurology and Stroke and has written 20 book chapters.
He has extensive research experience across the world in basic and clinical research having participated in over 75 research projects.
He has been invited to lecture at the Harvard Medical School, the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and the Institute for Research in Neuroscience and Neuropsychiatry in France.
Dr. Parikh has had a distinguished academic record with several awards including the Bombay Psychiatry Society President’s Award thrice and the Tilak Venkoba Rao Award of the Indian Psychiatry Society.
He has been a University rank holder in every exam in psychiatry and stood first All-India in the Dip. N.B.E. examination.
He has won over 200 awards in activities as diverse as photography, painting, quizzing, writing and debating.
In the field of gastroenterology since 1998 and a consultant in Jaslok Hospital since 2004.
Royal Melbourne Hospital in Gastrointestinal Motility.
Author of clinical research papers, chapters in books and participated in clinical trials."
"• MD Pediatrics (Bombay University) 1981 • Visiting Professor La Rabida Childrens Hospital Chicago • Visiting Fellow Hospital for Sick Children Great Ormond Street London • International Consensus Group for diagnostic criteria for vasculitis (Ankara Turkey 2008) and Macrophage Activation Syndrome (Genoa 2013) • 65 indexed research papers and publications (see list) • Co Author Pediatrics: Priorities in Office Practice- (co-authored with Dr YK Amdekar), Childhood Asthma: A Modern Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment and Dr RK Anands Guide to Child Care (2nd edition-in preparation) • National Coordinator PRINTO (Pediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organization) • Convenor Kawasaki Disease Registry and Cystic Fibrosis Registry Mumbai IAP • Recognized guide for DNB Pediatrics • Past President Indian Academy of Pediatrics Respiratory Chapter and Rheumatology Chapter "
"Dr. Raju P. Khubchandani is the Director of Pediatrics and in charge of the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic at Mumbai’s Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. Dr Khubchandani’s major area of interest and specialization for the last 15 years has been pediatric rheumatology and he has cared for over two thousand children with musculoskeletal diseases. Dr. Khubchandani maintains a keen interest in childhood asthma and respiratory diseases such as cystic fibrosis and such children are seen as a part of his general pediatric consultations. "
"1. Several orations and awards at national and state level
2. Invited speaker and teacher at international, national and state conferences and seminars.
3. Has convened and pioneered several innovative teaching formats in print, as seminars and on the web.
4. Medical writing for lay persons.
5. Serves as advisor and managing committee member to a new children’s hospital project in Mumbai and some other social initiatives."
MD (SKIN), DVD, DDV
Psychodermatology General Dermatology subjects covering Acne,Pigmentation,Hair fall,Hyperhidrosis, Body odour, Stretch marks, Tenia Versicolor
Guide to Post graduate DNB students in the past. Conducted lectures in educating Family Physicians in Dermatology._
Past President Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists and Leprologists Maharashtra Branch 1992.
Research conducted in Acne and Hormonal profile in 100 Women
Research conducted on Acanthosis a marker of PCOD,Obesity in Women
Research conducted on Prophylactic corticosteroids in treatment Naieve Multibacillary Leprosy
Patients to prevent nerve damage
Drug resistance patterns in Treatment Naieve Drug Resistance Patients "
Member Editorial _Board Jaslok Bullettin
Member American Academy of Dermatology
Member European Academy of Dermatology
Member European Society of Dermatology and Psychiatry
Member Scientific committee National Conferences "
"Life Time Achievement Award conferred by IADVL Maharashtra Branch
Best poster award at the National conference twice the recipient
Won a Quiz competition at a World Congress of Dermatology
Best poster award at the Practising Dermatology Quarterly session of the IADVL Mah Branch
Oration given at the Maharashtra Ophthalmology Association
Research Grant awarded by the IADVL Loreal on Hair damage due to Heat in Hair treatments "
"M.B.B.S, M.D 15 years"
"Bone marrow and Stem cell transplant
Lymphomas, Acute leukemias, Multiple myeloma, Breast Cancer, Spreading Cancer awareness and Cancer education
I am managing all Haematological malignancies and Solid tumours.
One of major area of interest and responsibility is Hematopoeitic Stem Cell Transplantation at Jaslok institute. Since I have taken the responsibility as core team member of transplant unit, more than 300 cases including auto and allogenic have been performed.
Our team has achieved successful transplants for patients of several hematological disorders like thalassemia, aplastic anemia,Sickle cell anaemia,fanconi’s anemia to malignant diseases including Leukemias, lymphomas,multiple myeloma,neuroblastoma,Germ cell tumor and sarcomas.
We have done more than 300 bone marrow transplant till date.This is done for both autologous and allogeneic ( Sibling) transplants with good success rates.Our patient survival rates are at par with the national and international centers
So far I have a been part of stem cell transplant team in more than 300 cases which include allogenic and autologous ; and more than 330 stem cell harvests initiated with different international stem cell mobilizations protocols at Jaslok Hospital .
As the transplant physician,my responsibility includes that of case selection, counseling, pre-transplant evaluation and preparation of the patient which includes appropriate mobilization, Apheresis, HDCT as well as complete post transplant care of patients of autologous and allogenic stem cell transplant."
As part of my Medicine training, I successfully defended my postgraduate dissertation titled "" Spectrum of Upper Gastroinstetinal bleeding” This was submitted to the Mumbai University as part of my MD ( internal Medicine) degree
Chapter in Books
1 Parikh P.M, Jain Reetu:”Out-patient Management of BMT patient after discharge”.Medicine Update. (The Association of Physicians of India ) API text book of Medicine. Vol 12, 2002, 1074-80.
2. Jain Reetu : Dasatinib in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia- Hematology education book by Dr. M. B. Agarwal Aug 2007.
3. The way to treat CLL is chemoimmunotherapy :Hematology Today, Ed M.B.Agarwal Jan 2009 pg 217-226
4. Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma and angioimmunoblastic variant – A case based approach Hematology 2015
1. Jain Reetu,Advani S.H: Special aspects of Management of lymphomas in developing countries. International textbook of lymphoid Neoplasm Edition 3.Ed Ian Magrath. Jan 2008.
2. Comparison of LACE with BCNU- containing Conditioning Regimen in Lymphoma Transplant.-A Retrospective analysis of Toxicity ;sent for publication In Hematological Oncology 2015"
M.D. , D.N.B, F.C.P.S, D.G.O., F.I.C.O.G
Dr Rishma Dhillon Pai has done pioneering work in the use of non-surgical MRI guided focused ultrasound for the management of fibroids .She also has the distinction of having delivered a 60 year old woman, one of the oldest patients in India. She has to her credit several academic contributions, having contributed chapters to over 49 books and published over 40 articles in leading Journals and newsletters. She has been invited as faculty for more than 250 national and international conferences. She has trained in endoscopy, IVF and ICSI at Antwerp, Belgium. She has also trained in egg and embryo freezing at the world’s biggest IVF centre in Japan. She also trained in advanced infertility treatment in Italy, China and Portugal.
1. Hon. General Secretary of the Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists (IAGE).
2. She is the first Indian to be appointed as the Board Member of the World Endometriosis Society.
3. She has recently written a very popular book, ’Fit at 40’ which is helping many women cope with the problems encountered in this age group.
* She is the recipient of Women’s achievers award- 2012.
* She was awarded the Newsmakers Best Doctor award,
* She received the GR8 Women Achievers award for excel¬lence in the field of medicine;
* Awarded the Navshakti Award;
* Recipient of the award for Distin¬guished Alumni, awarded by Jaihind College, Mumbai.
M S (ortho). DNB (ortho)
ALL aspects of paediatric Orthopedics , paediatric Hand surgery and OBPP sequelae surgery.
Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeon practicing exclusively Paediatric Orthopaedics .Her special interest is Paediatric Hand and Upper Limb disorders. Secondary surgeries for Obstetrical brachial plexus lesions is her forte for which she received the SICOT international award for Women in orthopedics in Hong Kong 2008.Paediatric orthopedics has evolved as a super-specialty only in recent years. She treats the entire range of problems viz. congenital.
"AWARDS 1. Functional Analysis of Results of Early Pollicisation in Radial Club Hands: with Anomalous fingers. -awarded prestigious K.S.Masalawala Best Paper WIROC-2001.
2. Long Term results of single Stage Correction of Congenital Vertical Talus.-. Retrospective Study of 10 yrs. Awarded R.J.S.Panday best paper Award Fancon 2002.(Foot and Ankle Society of India).
3. Natural History and Outcome Analysis in Varied Presentations of Obstetric Palsy-POSI CON BEST PAPER AWARD. JAN 2005.
4. Marcela Uribe Zamudio Award for outstanding Lady orthopaedic Surgeon- presented at SICOT (Societe Internationale De Chirurgie Orthoapedeqe Et De Traumatologie ) Triennial World Congress Hong Kong August 2008.
5..Veteran Surgeons Oration- WIROC 2010- Looking Beyond The shoulders of Giants.
GUEST EDITOR –
1.Special Issue on Paediatric Orthopedics –Paediatric Clinics Of India 2008.
2. Section editor Paediatric Orthopaedics - Algorithms In paediatrics.
3. Contribution to Section Editor for ‘Infections of Musculoskeletal System’: Infectious Disease Atlas of Indian Association of Paediatricians 2013.
1.B.B. Joshi’s Text Book of Congenital Hand Anomalies- Ulnar hemimelia: pathogenesis, clinical features, treatment and rehabilitation
2. Congenital Anomalies –Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book .Text Book of Orthoapedics and Trauma – jaypee borthers ,2nd edition 2008. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3., revised in 2014.
3. Genetics In Paediatric Orthopaedics. Dr G S Kulkarni’s Textbook. Chap 354. Text Book of Orthoapedics and Trauma – jaypee borthers ,2nd edition 2008. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3. Revised in 2014.
4. Streeter’s Dysplasia.-Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3.Revised in 2014.
5. Radial Club Hand – management: Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3.Revised in 2014.
1.Management of Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries –What’s out? What’s in?
POSITIVE –quarterly News Letter of The Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India. April2003
2. Current concepts : fracture neck femur in children-MOA Journal 2009 oct issue.
3. Osteotomies around the knee in children- Publication of Deformity correction conference for osteotomies of the Knee –update Jaslok April2010.
4. Current Concepts In Orthopedic Practise-. Role Of Muscle Transfers in OBPP.accepted for 2015 . (International )
1. Innovations article: New method of graft fixation for T.M. jt ankylosis Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Jan 2001
2. Use of UMEX fixator cum Distractor for primary and secondary treatment of Radial Club Hand with Ulnar Based Bilobed Flap; Scientific Transactions of Combined Congress APFFSH August 2000.Pg.136-138.
3.Analysis of over 200 consecutive cases of adult posttraumatic Brachial Plexus Injury treated by one surgeon in one hospital from 1994 to 2004 .Scientific transactions IFFSH Budapest June 2004.
4.A 5 year follow-up of the modified Treatment of Radial Club Hand–with External Fixator cum Distractor and a Bilobed Flap Journal of Japanese Paediatric Orthopaedic Association November 2004
5.Benign juvenile hemangioma—a case report . Acta Orthopaedica, Volume 77, Number 1, February 2006, pp. 171-173(3)Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd
6. Gap Non Union In Osteogenesis Imperfecta : Role Of Maternal Fibular Graft’ : A Case Report. Journal Of Injury. Vol 4 Jan 2005 pg 231-236.
7.Ultrasound Evaluation of Clubfoot Correction during Ponseti Technique-:Original Article :J Pediatr Ortho(A).Vol 27,No8 Dec 2007.
8. Treatment of radial dysplasia by a combination of distraction, radialisation and a bilobed flap – the results at long term follow up- Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 2008; 33; 616.
9.“Clinical outcome of shoulder muscle transfers for shoulder deformities in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: A study of 150 cases.” Ind J Plast Surg 2011; Jan 44(1):21-8.
10. An approach to the supraclavicular and infraclavicular aspects of the brachial plexus. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2011 Sep;15(3):188-97. PubMed PMID: 21869653.
11. Habitual anterior dislocation of the hip in cerebral palsy: a case report. J Pediatric Orthopaedics - B 2012;21(3):248-51.
12. Loeys-Dietz syndrome with bilateral radial head dislocations. J Orthopaedic Surgery 2013;21(2).
13) Unfavourable results in pollicisation.Indian J Plast Surg. 2013 May;46(2):303-311.
14) The outcome of Jarcho-Levin syndrome treated with a functional latissimus dorsi flap - A series of three cases.Indian J Plast Surg. 2012 Jan;45(1):40-4. doi: 10.4103/0970-0358.96582.
15. Obstetric brachial plexus injury.Indian J Plast Surg. 2011 Sep;44(3):380-9. doi: 10.4103/0970-0358.90805.
16. Results of fibula grafting in Gap non unions in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013;95:e56(1-6)."
"MD, DNB, DM More than 12 years of experience in the field of Nephrology."
"I have worked in Nephrology for 8 years. During my subspeciality training I did rotational postings in wards, out patients, consultation services, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and renal transplant services.
I have been trained in management of patients with various renal problems such as acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, nephritic syndrome, acid base and electrolyte disorders, CAPD and transplant patients. I have been exposed to routine and emergency management of patients admitted in other specialties with associated renal problems. I have also been trained in management of all renal emergencies.
As a dialysis resident I gained experience in managing patients on hemodialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy in the ICU setting, plasmapheresis and peritoneal dialysis. I have also independently performed kidney biopsies and insertion of haemodialysis vascular access (femoral and jugular catheterization and arterio-venous fistula procedures).
I have completed clinical fellowship in Nephrology at University of Toronto I started this fellowship on 21st January 2003 and completed on January 20, 2005.This fellowship has allowed me to work in all aspects of nephrology. I have worked extensively on continuous renal replacement therapy in the ICU patients especially using the citrate and heparin protocols. I have also been involved in the training and teaching of the postgraduate medicine residents doing their rotations in nephrology at the University of Toronto.
I have regularly participated in the daily developmental academic activities – seminars, journal clubs, case presentations, inter-departmental meetings with pathology and urology, and have also attended a number of conferences and updates in nephrology. I have also completed a clinical fellow in Renal Transplantation at the University of Toronto. This fellowship is accredited to the American Society of Transplantation.
I have done 12 months of rotation in the multiorgan transplant unit and have gained valuable experience in transplant protocols and also in the use of marginal donors and double kidney transplants. The transplant unit at the Toronto General Hospital is one of the largest in North America and performs both living and deceased donor transplants and the exposure to donor evaluation, all forms of immunosuppression and individualization /minimization protocols is excellent
During this transplant fellowship , in additional to patient management, I have been involved in administrative responsibilities including training of Nephrology fellows rotating through transplant.
I also had training in Transplant pathology, Histocompatibility laboratory, and also had experience managing kidney and pancreas (KP) transplant recipients.I am currently also involved in clinical and Lab based research in kidney transplantation. "
"1. Gold Medal in DNB Nephrology awarded at the hands of President of India in September 2003
2. Distinction In Physiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology during MBBS.
3. First class obtained during all years of Medical School .
4. Ranked first in University in Second MBBS
5. Investigator in Phase III GCP trial of Rapamune in post renal transplant patients.
6. Ranked 21 in order of Merit in SSC examination in Maharashtra state"
DIRECTOR M.B.B.S, M.D(Radiology) Director,Professor and Head, Department of Neuro and Body Imaging and Interventional Radiology. He has about 30 Years of experience and one among the top Radiologist in Mumbai
HON. CARDIOLOGISTDM(CARD), MRCP(E) Interventional Cardiology. Director, Cardiac Research & EducationTeaching and Training Programme in Cardiology from 1964.
"M.D., F.I.C.P., F.N.A.M.S., U.I.C.C., I.R.C.E.T.T. Director of Medical Oncology. 25years"
"Since 1974, I have been involved with Medical Oncology/Hematology along with strong interaction with other clinical branches and basic scientists.
At present, my strong interest is to develop developmental therapeutics with clinical research program. This will have integrated projects involving all the branches of clinical oncology as well as potential basic research. Also, I have started biological therapeutics targeting various molecular targets on the cancer cells. I have been pioneer in establishing Bone Marrow Transplantation set up in India.
I have been involved with about 500 National and International Publications. I have played an important role in establishing D.M. Medical Oncology (Mumbai University) at Tata Memorial Hospital. I am also recognized a M.Sc. and Ph.D. Guide in Applied Biology.
From infancy, now our department has entered into modern Medical and Pediatric Oncology with full infrastructure including Bone Marrow Transplantation, Hematology Laboratory, Flow Cytometer, Cytogenetic and Molecular Laboratory. Day Care Chemotherapy Unit and Patient Counciling Groups. I have been the Chief Investigator for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Project supported by National Cancer Institute, Washington and Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia Project supported by Department of Science and Technology.
Recently I have embarked upon the project of writing syllabus along with teaching manual for DM Medical Oncology Course in association with Indian Medical and Paediatric Oncology Association."
1. He is active in medical and academic research and has over 654 publications. He is the recipient of many international and national awards.
2. He has received Padmashri Award in 2002, the highest civilian honor granted by the President of India.
3. he is also awarded Padmabhushan in 2012.
4. Lifetime Achievement in Oncology 2005, Harvard Medical International.
5. Gitfed Teacher Award 2004 by The Association of Physicians of India.
1. Nazli Gad-el-Mawla Award (2005).
2. Lifetime Achievement in Oncology (2005)
Harvard Medical International
3. Gifted Teacher Award (2004)
The Association of Physicians of India.
4. Dr. M.A. Panawala Oration (2003)
Indian Medical Association, North East Bombay Suburban Branch.
5. Dr. K.M. Bhansali Memorial Oration Award (2003)
6. Dr. D.K. Gosavi Oration Award (2003)
7. Dhanvantari Award (2002)
8. PHO Oration Award (2002)
9. “PADMASHRI” by Government of India (2002)
10. Dr. M.S. Ramakrishnan Memorial Endowment Oration Award (2002)
11. Dr. H.M. Bhatia Memorial Oration Award
Institute of Immunohematology, ICMR, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai (2001)
12. Dr. B.L. Agarwal Memorial Oration Award
Indian Medical Association, Allahabad Branch, Allhabad (2001)
13. Sahyog Foundation Award
Sahyog Foundation, Mumbai (2000)
14. Dr. Bankat Chandra Memorial Oration (Certificate of Appreciation)
Indian Medical Association, Hyderabad City (2000)
15. Award of Fellowhip of (ISHTM)
Indian Society of Hematology & Transfusion Medicine, Mumbai (2000)
16. Dr. V.S. Bhende Oration Award
Mahim Dharavi Medical Practitioners Association, Mumbai (2000)
17. Sir Dorab Tata Memorial Trust Oration Award
ISO conference, New Delhi (1999)
18. “GIANT INTERNATIONAL AWARD”
GIANTS INTERNATIONAL , Mumbai (1998)
19. Dr. Jal Patel Memorial Oration Award
Governing Council of the Resarch Society, Grant Medical College and Sir J.J.
Group of Hospitals, Mumbai (1998)
20. Indo American Cancer Congress Inc. Award of Excellence
Philadelphia. PA (1996)
21. Wanker Oration Award
Indian Medical Association, Nagpur (1996)
22. Dr S S Thakur Conference Oration
Bombay Obstetric and Gynaecological Society (1995)
23. Annual Oration of Indian Association for Cancer Research
Indian Cancer Research Society (1994)
24. ""Sandoz Oration Award""
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) (1994.)
25. Dayalal Vadalia Memorial Cancer Oration
Rajkot Cancer Socie