You have not yet permanently registerd with Jaslok hospital, please go for the permanent registration to get premium benifits.
Click on Submit Button for permanent registrationSubmit
Not a member?
Qualification & Experience
Co-ordinator & Full Time Cons. - General Surgery
Consultant - Neuro-physiology
Consultant - Nephrology
Consultant - Urologist
"Interventional Cardiologist M.D., F.A.C.C., F.I.S.E., F.I.C.P., Director Cardiology"
"1) The CTO – Man of The Year Award (2008), the First of its type, for the Indian Chapter of 2nd Indo European Course on Revascularization (IECR/IEIC), presented at New Delhi on 20th December 2008
2) Life Time Achievement Award at the 1st IJCTO meet, at Mumbai on 8th June 2013
3) Golden Contribution Award received at AICT 2012 at New Delhi, on 6th Oct. 2012
* Pioneer in starting Cardiac catheterization and Angiography in newborn babies in India in 1973.
* First one to start His Bundle Electrography in India in 1973.
* Performed or supervised more than 10,000 Angioplasties.
* Performed or supervised more than 50,000 Angiographies.
* Pioneering work in Primary Angioplasty in acute myocardial Infarction with first systemic trial in India."
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh Consultant - Urology
Past president urological society of India(west zone),past president mumbai urology society Awards - Dr. G M Phadke award, Vijaywada prize, CKP Menon award,best paper in masicon 1997,1998,1999,best paper award in Int surgeon conference 1999 Foreign awards - Invited faculty in EUA Barcelona 2010 faculty in Masterclass in Female urology from 2010 till 2015 Invited to conduct instructional course in Melbourne Australia 2015 Invited as a faculty for 50 th year Egyptian urology association at Cairo 2015 Conducted more than 45 operating workshop all over India and neighboring countries
Academic achievements-chief of female urology section of Urological society of India from 2007 to 2013.,invited to American Urology association in sandiago for instructional course in female urology in 2013
Consultant - Surgical Oncology
"MBBS - 1960, MS (Gen. Surg.) - 1964, FRCS (Edin.) - Jan. 1967, FRCS (Eng.) - Nov. 1967, FICS - (USA) 1969 >50 years"
Area of expertise
Diabetic foot clinic and CO2 laser
Brief write up
Senior Consultant General Surgeon associated with Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre since the last 40 years
"M.D (Bom), M.R.C.P. (UK) 37 years of practice at JHRC."
Postgraduate studies in Internal Medicine folowing which persued studies in Chest Medicine in UK. On return, joined JHRC in 1979 as consultant in chest Medicine, Have beeb with the dept. of Chest Diseases, JHRC for 37years, dealing with Clinical Pulmonology, Respiratory Physiology, Fibre-opticBronchoscopy, sleep study
"MD (medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology), Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation- Royal Free Hospital. London Visiting fellowship, Mayo Clinic, USA More than 20 years"
"Gastroenterologist with special interest in liver diseases
Specialised interest in pediatric liver and gastroenterology problems "
"Have trained in Hepatology and Liver transplantation at Mayo Clinic,USA; Royal Free Hospital, London and King's College hospital London
Have more than 300 lectures in Local, national and International Forums
On the reviewer board of journals like Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Journal of Pediatric gastroenterology and Hepatology, Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, National medical Journal of India, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Organised several Pediatric gastroenterology and Liver meetings "
" The P. N. Berry Scholarship for India for the year 1992. Visited G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, SanjayGandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, Christian Medical College, Vellore as part of the scholaship.
The Lotus Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad (USA)
The Netervala Foundation Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The Phirojshah Godrej Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The P. N. Berry Scholarship (administered by the High Commission of India, London) for UK for the year 1995-96.
The K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for higher training abroad (UK) for the year 199596.
Awarded the Young Investigator Travel Bursary for the European Association of the Study of Liver(EASL) conference in London, April, 1997
Felicitated by Uttaranchal Mahasangh, Mumbai on 09/05/2008 in the programme of Mahila Gaurav Samann
Presidential oration :Metabolic liver diseases in adults in Cuttack June 2015 as part of the Orissa chapter of Gastroenterology
Invited to the Presidential oration in the annual meeting of Maharashtra chapter of ISG on 26th Dec 2015, Aurangabad on ""Do all patients of cirrhosis need a liver trnasplant"" "
Consultant Lap GI, Endocrine & Breast Surgeon
"MD Paediatrics, Gold Medalist PDCC- Paediatric Endocrinology Visiting Fellowship- RCPCH, London Clinical & Academic 6 years "
Consultant in Pediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology. Invited faculty at over 100 state, national & international scientific fora. Authored chapters in paediatric endocrine text books of both national & international repute. Numerous publications in indexed journals. Chairman of the Child Hormone Foundation, Mumbai. International collaborator for clinical research on infantile & childhood obesity and neonatal diabetes.
Visiting Fellowship of the RCPCH, London
Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology from the prestigious Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, India
University Gold Medal at the MD Paediatrics Examination
Consultant -Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
"MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology) over 10years in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine & Gastroenterology & Nutrition"
Additional specialty interest: Inflammatory Bowal Disease & Capsule Endoscopy"
Dr. Anjay Jhaveri did his undergraduation from Nair Hospital, mumbai, pursued DNB General Medicine & tehn specialised in medical Gastroenterology both from Jaslok Hospital. Presently working as full time consultant in Dept of Gastroentrology, Jaslok Hospital & Research centre.
"* Best Resident Award - 2011, JHRC
* Sir Ratan Tata Scholarship - 2003
* Gold Medalist in microbiology, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik,2000"
"M.D.(MED); D.M.(CARDIOLOGY), D.N.B.(CARDIOLOGY), A.F.A.C.C. Vast experience of 30 years in the field of paediatric and adult non-invasive and interventional cardiology"
Consultant - Plastic Surgery
Consultant - Cardiovascular Surgeons
M.D.,F.C.P.S.,F.C.M.T.(USA), Teacher for 38 yrs and practising medicine from 40 year
Endodontics, Restorative Dentistry & Cosmetic Dentistry
Adequately equipped to handle routine dental procedures, with a total work experience of almost 7 years, includng 21/2 years after post graduation.
Presently working as a Consultant (Full Time) at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre and as a Consulting Endodontist at various clinics in south Mumbai. "
1) Achieved 2 Gold medals & 1 Bronze medal in academics during B.D.S. course
2) Bagged Best Paper presentation award in session, at XII FODI & IES PG Convention, GDCH, Ahmedabad.
3) Awarded with Colgate- IDA Scholarship in the year 2003 and 2005.
4) Received Merit Certificate from Indian Society of Periodontology, for standing 1st in the subject of Periodontology, at the final professional examination, 2005.
5) Executive Member of IDA, Hassan branch, Karnataka in the year 2010-2011.
1) In vitro comparison of Gutta –Percha removal using two Rotary Systems and Hedstrom File with Computed Tomography. Iranian Endodontic Journal, 2013; Vol 8, Issue 2, pg no:56-61.
2) Evolving Practices with Changing Times. Modern Medicare, May 2013, pg no: 36-37.
3) Radix Entomolaris: A Review and Case Report. Indian Dentist Research and Review, Vol 6, Issue 6, February 2012, pg no:24-27. "
"M.B.B.S. (Bombay), M.S. (Orthopaedics) (Bombay) F.I.A.S. (UK), MSc Surgery of Trauma (UK) A.O. Fellow (Germany), D. Sports Medicine (UK) MCh ORTH (Liverpool), FRCS ORTH (UK) 20 years post-MS"
Area of expertise
Computer Navigated Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
1. Hip Surgery, Hip Replacement (THR), Hip Resurfacing, Revision Hip Replacement
2. Specialised surgery for AVN (avascular necrosis of the head of the femur)
3. Minimally invasive hip replacements with rapid recovery
4. Difficult hip replacements made easy (deformed hips, stiff hips, previous Girdlestone, previous arthrodesis, severe protrusio, ankylosing spondylitis)
5. Complex techniques (Acetabular & Femoral Impaction grafting, Structural allograft acetabular reconstruction, Periprosthetic fracture management)
6. Complex Revision hip replacement (including multiple past revision surgery & previous infection)
Knee Surgery, Knee Replacement (TKR), Revision Knee Replacement
1. Knee resurfacing/Oxford unicompartmental knee surgery
2. Minimally invasive knee replacements with rapid recovery
3. Difficult knee replacements made easy (bad valgus/varus knees, flexion contractures, deformities)
4. Complex Revision knee replacements (including periprosthetic fracture management, proximal tibial reconstructions, previous infections)
Arthroscopy and Sports Surgery
1. Management of Sports injuries
2. Arthroscopic Knee Surgery - Microfracture techniques, ACL Reconstruction, Meniscal repair, menisectomy, debridement & abrasion chondroplasty, lateral release, arthroscopic tibial plateau fracture fixation, medial patellofemoral ligament repair, cartilage transplants)
3. Surgical reconstruction of the unstable knee (ACL, PCL, multiligament reconstructions)
4. Arthroscopic Shoulder surgery – Bankart repair for recurrent shoulder disclocation, Rotator cuff repair, frozen shoulder release surgery
Dr. Ameet Pispati has been extensively trained internationally in Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic surgery. He has pioneered various methods and techniques in Hip surgery and Computer aided Hip & Knee Replacement that can give patients a better and longer lasting result. He is an authority in Hip and Knee surgery.
He specialises in the latest Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopic techniques as well as Hip and Knee replacement procedures. He desires to spread the Bone Conserving & Rapid Recovery concept for Hip, Knee & Shoulder surgery in India and other parts of the world and loves to train other Orthopaedic Surgeons in the art and science of Precision Alignment Hip and Knee Surgery. He believes in enabling rapid recovery after sports surgery, performing complex knee ligament reconstructions and allowing the athlete to regain his livelihood at the earliest. Dr. Pispati is passionate about improving the doctor-patient relationship and shows real concern and commitment towards patient care, both diagnostic, therapeutic and even spiritual – it stems from a constant desire to want to heal those who entrust themselves and their families in his care.
o Extensive hands-on training in Joint replacement & Arthroscopic surgery from the best centres in UK and Germany.
o One of the 1st in Asia to perform Hip Resurfacing surgery.
o 1st in Asia to perform Computer Navigated Hip Replacement.
o Reviewer for the Journal of Rheumatology, one of the topmost indexed rheumatology journals.
o Author of the chapter “Arthritis Surgery” in “Textbook of Rheumatology” published by the Indian Rheumatology Association.
o Co-Author of the chapter “Hip Resurfacing, pages 763-781 in textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery” by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
o International & National Faculty at several Hip and Knee Surgery Meetings, Courses & Workshops Worldwide, including meetings of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, Indonesian Orthopaedic Association, Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA), Asean Arthroplasty Association, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Chinese Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, and other State level Orthopaedic Associations.
o International Faculty at Worldwide “Intelligent Hip and Knee Surgery Courses”.
o Invited to be listed in International Who’s Who.
o Doctor to Indian Cricket Team for on-site injury management, 2003 – 2005.
o Elected as Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK), in view of his exceptional caring and commitment to the care of the injured.
o Awarded the Diploma in Surgical Resuscitation by the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK)
o Trained in Advanced fracture management from leading centres in UK, Germany and Switzerland.
"MD (MEDICINE), DM (CARDIOLOGY), DNB (CARDIOLOGY) CONSULTANT CARDIOLOGIST AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGIST Since 2003."
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY, TAIPEI, TAIWAN.
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY AND DEVICES, PERTH, AUSTRALIA.
Published 36 papers in peer reviewed journals."
"MD (Psych.Med.), DPM. PSYCHIATRIST. Over 40 years."
ACADEMICS/RESEARCH/AWARDS DPM 1st Rank Bombay University. MD (Psych. Med). Awarded Jc Marfatia Gold Medal
M.D. DNB(Nephrologist) Nephrologist & Transplant Physician
"MS (Gen Surg), MCh(Ped Surg) Practice since 1996 Asst. Hon Pediatric Surgeon at BJ Wadia Hospital for Children, Co authored_Pediatric Surgical Section in the IAP Textbook of Pediatrics Conceived and was faculty for Surgical Topics in the GEM Course of the IAP "
"Trained at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, and at Nair Hospital
Trained as a Guest Resident at Kinderspital Luzern in 1995
Practicing Pediatric Surgeon since 1996, also attached to Breach Candy, Bhatia and Saifee Hospitals
Visiting Pediatric Surgeon at SEC School for Disabled Children, set up a programme for management of children with lack of urine and stool control
Formerly associated with Bombay Hospital and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital "
Been voted as one of Mumbai’s Top Docs in Pediatric Surgery for three years, in a survey conducted by InterNovation, and reported by India Today.
M.D., D.G.O., F.C.P.S., D.N.B.
" • M.B.B.S., University of Bombay, Seth G.S. Medical College, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Bombay, 1991. • D.C.H, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Bombay, 1993. • M.D.(Paed), University Bombay, King Edward VII Memorial, Hospital, Bombay, 1994. • MRCPCH (London), London University, 2000. • Fellowship Neurosciences, London University, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street, Hospital for Children, London, 2001. • Pediatric Neurologist for over 15yrs. • Teaching Experience for over 15 & 21yrs respectively at Jaslok hospital &Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital respectively. • Examiner for Pediatric Neurology Fellowship programme. "
1 Epilepsy Surgery Program
2 Neurodegenerative Disorders, Neurohereditary Disorders
3 Neurometabolic Disorders
4 Disability-cerebral palsy, Autism, ADHD, Behavior Disorders
6 Neuromuscular Disorders
7 Acute Neurology
8 Pediatric Stroke
9 Movement Disorders in Children
"Dr. Anaita Udwadia Hegde is a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai. Dr Hedge has done M.B.B.S from Seth G.S. Medical College, KEM Hospital, D.C.H & MD from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, MRCPCH (London), Fellowship Neurosciences, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, 2001. She has postgraduate teaching experience in pediatrics and pediatric neurology at Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital, and Jaslok Hospital. She is a member of several national and international neurological societies and also involved in Pediatric Neurology Rural Project from 2010, treating over 5010 patients till date. Dr. Hegde has published several papers in national and international journals. Her interest area includes pediatric epilepsy, movement disorders and disability. She is active in postgraduate teaching, research studies and conducts a 2 years fellowship programme in Pediatric Neurology for young postgraduates. "
"1 Have numerous research studies under me since 2004.
2 Have been inspected and approved by the FDA, USA for research project
3 Run 2yrs Pediatric Neurology Fellowship Programme for Pediatric Neurologist. "
"MD Anesthesia, IDCCM-Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine 9years"
Dr. Anand has done his MBBS & MD from B J Medical college, Ahmedabad. He joined Jaslok Hospital in August 2006. He pursued his IDCCM - Indian diploma in critical care medicine in 2008-August
* Instructor for Advanced cardiac life support & basic life support"
"M.S., F.I.C.S. Over 25years"
Thyroid, Gall bladder and Hernia
Dr. Anand joined Topiwala National Medical College, 1977 and passed MBBS in 1981. Joined department of surgery in 1982 passed MS in 1985. Was lecturer in Nair Hospital, 1987, started practiced in South Mumbai 1988 sinse then practising surgery. Learned laparoscopic surgery in 1992 in Singapore under the guidance of Dr. Mohan Chellapa
Consultant - Radiology
Breast Cancer, Leukemia / Lymphoma, Bone marrow transplant, Clinical Trials
"1. Ansari K, Clerk A, Patel MH, Sainani A, Shastry PS, Advani SH. Hypercalcemia induced by parathyroid hormone-related peptide after treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of oral cavity. J Assoc Physicians India. 2003 Oct;51:1023-4.
2. Bakshi CA, Jain RA, Sastry PS, Sainani AR, Advani SH. Imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. J Assoc Physicians India. 2004 May;52:403-9.
3. Ritchie DS, Sainani A, D'Souza A, Grigg AP. Passive donor-to-recipient transfer of antiphospholipid syndrome following allogeneic stem-cell transplantation. Am J Hematol. 2005 Aug;79(4):299-302
4. Slavin MA, Grigg AP, Schwarer AP, Szer J, Spencer A, Sainani A, Thursky KA, Roberts AW. A randomized comparison of empiric or pre-emptive antibiotic therapy after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007 Jul;40(2):157-63. Epub 2007 Apr 3
5. Long term results of a short duration intensive therapy protocol (MCP-842) in treatment of NHL in children and young adults in India. 2nd International Society of Pediatric Oncology- Asia, New Delhi, 2002 (Poster presentation).
6. Anjana Sainani, Anupama Borker, Reetu Jain, Ganpathi Bhat, Nilesh Lokeshwar, Indumati Ambulkar, Sunny Mathews, Suresh Advani Interim results from a single centre of a new protocol for the treatment and characterization of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children, adolescents and young adults in India. SIOP Oct 2007 "
"MDS 10 years of experience with special attention to Dental Implantology."
Dr. Ankit Mashru is Prosthodontist & Implantologist with Dental Services department at Jaslok Hospital & research centre
After his MDS, he completed Fellow & Diplomate from International Congress of Oral Implantology, USA.
Dr. Mashru has 10 years of experience during which the last 7 years has been with special attention to Dental Implantology.
Fellow & Diplomate, International Congress of Oral Implantology, USA
"MBBS, MD Rich experience of more than 43 years in the field of Nephrology"
Renal Transplant Specialist.
Senior Fellowship in Nephrology Jewish Hospital and Medical Centre of Brooklyn,
Downstate University, Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.October 1972 to July 1974.
Publications and Orations:
Hemodialysis in Acute Renal Failure experience in 83 Cases.
Journal of Associates of Physicians of India 6.: 435. June 1971.
Renal Findings in sickle cell anemia. 1st National Symposium on Sickle cell disease at Washington D.C. USA June 1974.
Hypertension and Kidney. National Seminar on Hypertension.
Sir H. N. Hospital . June 1974.
Prevention of Hepatitis in the Dialysis Unit National Seminar on Hepatitis. Sir H. N. Hospital . March 1977.
Nutrition in Renal disease National Seminar on Nutrition Sir H.N. Hospital . March 1977.
Etiopathology of Chronic Renal Failure Seminar on current concepts in the diagnosis and management of chronic renal failure and future trends. Asso. of Physicians of India, Mumbai, 1976.
Experience of 12 cases of Kidney Transplantation.
Indian Society of Urology, Annual Conference, Agra 1980.
An interesting case of Homograft use in arterial anastomosis in Kidney Transplantation. Indian Socity of Urology, Annual Conference, Agra 1980."
Director - Liver Transplantation
Brief write up
Dr A S Soin is recognized all over the world over for his pioneering work in establishing liver transplantation in India. Dr Soin has performed more than 2500 living donor liver transplants in India, which is the highest in the country, and the second highest in the world. He and his team currently perform 22-25 live donor liver transplants every month with 95% success - results which are at par with the world's best centres. Apart from referrals from all over the country, he handles cases from the rest of South Asia, The Middle East and Africa.
Besides running their own highly successful programme, he and his team are also responsible for training most of the remaining liver transplant teams in India and neighbouring countries that have recently started performing this procedure. In disseminating expertise countrywide and beyond, building confidence in the procedure among patients and their referring physicians, and in moving it from experimental status to a highly successful life-saving procedure, he has in the true sense, pioneered the development of this speciality in India and the subcontinent in the last 15 years.
In his extensive experience of 21 years as a Liver Transplant Surgeon and Hepatobiliary surgeon, he has performed more than 1500 liver transplants and more than 12000 other complex liver, gall bladder and bile duct surgeries.
Dr Soin serves on the committees of all the important National and International Societies, as well as the National Advisory Board in Liver Transplantation. He is a regular Faculty member and speaker (often the only one from India) at most world fora in Liver Transplantation such as ILTS, AASLD, APDW, IHPBA, IASGO, APASL, Asian Living Donor Liver Transplant Group, Asia Pacific Organ Transplant Forum etc.
Snapshot of his academic Career:
Doctor Soin's initial surgical training was at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He spent 11 years there gaining his MBBS and MS degrees followed by specialist experience in Liver and Gastrointestinal Surgery, during which he published a research thesis on Portal Hypertensive Gastropathy.
He then obtained FRCS degrees from both Glasgow and Edinburgh in the UK, following which he trained and worked at two of the world’s most renowned centers (University of Cambridge 5 years, University of Birmingham 1 year) for Liver and Biliary Surgery, and Liver, Kidney, Small Bowel and Pancreas transplantation for 6 years. He was one of the first few surgeons in the UK to qualify for and obtain an Intercollegiate FRCS in Transplant Surgery.
In addition to performing hundreds of transplants, he was Surgical Tutor for the University of Cambridge, and Faculty for 2 of the Royal Colleges in Surgery. At Cambridge, he also conducted pioneering research in transplantation. More than 110 of his original research papers and book contributions have been published / in international / national journals and books.
He was a Visiting Fellow at the Kyoto University Hospital in 1997 and Asan Medical Centre, Seoul, in 2000. He was Visiting Faculty at the Ege University, Izmir, Turkey in 2004, and Istanbul in 2006 and 2007. These centres are among the world’s most renowned for living donor liver transplantation.
In the beginning of 1998, he gave up the opportunity of a Faculty post at University of Cambridge and chose to return to India to establish a centre of excellence in liver transplantation in his own coutry.
Few of the firsts to his credit :
1. Awarded Padma Shri by the President of India in 2010 for pioneering the development of Liver Transplantation in India.
2. Awarded the RD Birla Outstanding Clinician of the Year Award for the year 2010
3. Awarded the Zee TV - Swasth Bharat Samman Award for pioneering Liver Transplantation, 2011
4. Medical Statesman of the Year – e-MEDINEWS AWARDS, 2012
5. MSOSA Award for Excellence, 2014
Consultant - Nephrologists
"M.S., F.R.C.S.Ed. Over 15 years."
Vascular Surgery, NIMS, Hyderabad.
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery St. George's, Sydney.
Endovascular Surgery, Epworth, Melbourne.
Research in Endotension following EVAR and Prevention of amputation in Diabetics with foot gangrane."
Consultant - Cardiologists
"HON. OPHTHALMIC SURGEON M.B.B.S., D.O.M.S., M.S., F.C.P.S., DNB Opthalmic Surgeon"
*Phacoemulfication Cataract Surgery with Monofocal and Multifocal lenses.
*Lasers for Medical Retina (Diabetes and other retinal conditions)
*Vitreoretinal Surgery (basic & complex cases).
*Refractive Laser Surgery. 25years
* Participated in the Research Studies on age related macular degeneration at the LuEsther T. Metrz Retinal Research Centre at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital under the guidance of Dr. L.A. Yannuzzi, Director of Retina Services and Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Columbia University Medical Centre, New York, USA.
* Performed research study on “Ambulatory Surgery in Ophthalmology” at Medical Research Foundation, Madras, India, the results of which were subsequently published in the “ Nethralaya Insight” Journal.
* Worked on “ Comparison on the various types of Intraocular lens: as a thesis topic for M.S. Ophthalmology under the guidance f Dr. R.P. Jehangir – Prof. Of Ophthalmology, Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
* Worked on “ Study of ECCE with Posterior Chamber Lens Implantation – Study of 64 cases as a thesis topic for F.C.P.S. (Ophthalmology) under the guidance of Dr. S.D. Adrainwala, F.R.C.S- Prof of Ophthalmology, Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
"Over 30 years of experience over India & Abroad School: - Gokuldas Tejpal High School 1948 – 1959 Pre Medical: - Kishinchand Chellaram College, Bombay, University of Bombay 1959 – 1961 Medical: - Grant Medical College, J.J. Group of Hospitals, Bombay, University of Bombay 1961 – 1966 Internship: - Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 1967 – 1968 "
Dialysis and Renal Failure
Dr. B.V Gandhi is Director of the Nephrology Department at Jaslok Hospital & Research center. The key specialties of Dr. B.V Gandhi are Dialysis and Renal Failure. Today, he is considered as one of the Top Transplant Physician in Mumbai. He is one of the best Nephrologists in Mumbai and all over the country. He brings with him over 30 years of experience both in India and abroad.
Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital &
Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 1971 – 1973
(Teaching Hospital & Affiliated to
University of Michigan)
* American Board of Internal Medicine 1972
* American Board in Subspecialty of
Nephrology 1974 "
"D.N.B. (Neurosurgery, Mumbai) F.F.H.U. (Japan), F.B.N.I. (U.S.A.) F.E.N.E.R.I. (South America) "
Area of expertise
His area of special interest is Cerebrovascular Disorders which includes Haemorrgic and Ischaemic strokes that can be managed by open surgery and percutaneously with Endovascular Techniques.
He has developed expertise in the management of following Neurosurgical problems,
Cerebrovascular disease (clipping of aneurysms, excision of AVMs, carotid endarterectomy)
Cervical &lumbar degenerarative disease (Cervical and Lumbar PID)
Spinal Instrumentation (for tuberculosis, AAD, fractures and dislocations)
Skullbase surgery (Acoustic neurinoma, Pituitory tumor, craniopharyngioma, microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia)
Endovascular surgery (coiling of aneurysm, embolization of AVM, thrombolysis, carotid angioplasty and steting)
Endoscopic surgery (Pituitory tumors, craniopharyngioma, third ventriculostomy, diskectomy, tumor biopsy, CSF leak repair)
Dr.Batuk Diyora is Professor (Additional) at Department of Neurosurgery at LTM Medical Collage and Sion Hospital, Mumbai and visiting consultant at Jaslok Hospital and Research center.
He joined LTM Medical College and Sion Hospital, Mumbai in year 2001. He obtained his DNB Degree in Neurosurgery from Mumbai University in year 2004. After completing his basic Neurosurgery training, he visited Fujita Health University, Japan for Advanced Training in Neurosurgery under guidance of Prof. Tetsuo Kanno, and Prof. Yoko Kato.
Consult Physician, Internist & Therapautics
* Gold Medal presenattion on ""Possible Pharmacokinetic Explanation for rate dependant toxicity of Fursemide"" presented at Annual conference at Indian Pharmacological Society
* Author of API Text book of Medicine chapter on ""Acute Poisoning""
* Fellow of Royal Society of Helath, London.
DCH, FCPS, DNB
* First to perform Myocardial Contrast Echo in Mumbai
* Inserted first Impella Left Ventricular Assist Device during CABG at Jaslok
* Introduced 3- 4 D ECHO with wall motion tracking
consultant in Medical oncology
M. B. B. S., MD (Internal Medicine)
Stood sixth among all International Oncologists in ESMO Medical Oncology Examination,Vienna.
Stood FIRST in MD (Internal Medicine) L.T.M.M.C. & General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai – 400 022.
Was among the first 20 Post – Doctorate Medical Students selected by the State Super speciality Entrance Examination Board, Maharashtra.
"MS(GENSUGERY), MCH(CARDIAC SURGERY), FIACS CARDIOVASCULAR SURGEON Over 31 years"
Dr. C J Hemant Kumar is a consultant Cardiovascular & Thoracic surgeon attached to Jaslok. He has performed more than 15,000 heart surgeries which include surgeries of coronary arteries, valves, carotid arteries, aortic aneurysm, cardiac arrhythmias, myocardial total arterial revascularization with excellent results. He does a lot of bypasses for vascular blocks as well as end arterectomies. He also has great experience in Endovascular Stentings for aortic aneurysms and Hybrid surgeries. He is deeply committed to providing heart surgery to the poor and has conducted hundreds of free closed heart surgeries ( CMC ‘s and PDA’s) at Amravati, Nashik, Yavatmal, Pusad, Wardha, Washim etc.
He also has special interest in training, education and is a post graduate teacher for MCh & DNB students. He has given post doctoral training of international standards to many surgeons.
Dr. Chander Lulla, Consultant Sonologist and head of department Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai. Trained at Guys hospital UK 1991
FETAL MEDICINE FOUNDATION/HARRIS BIRTHWRIGHT CENTRE KINGS COLLEGE
LECTURED at various national and Asian Seminars
EX PRESIDENT INDIAN FEDERATION OF ULTRASONOGRAPHY IN MEDICINE IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY