You have not yet permanently registerd with Jaslok hospital, please go for the permanent registration to get premium benifits.
Click on Submit Button for permanent registrationSubmit
Not a member?
Qualification & Experience
Consultant cardiothoracic surgeon
M.B.B.S., M.S.(General surgery), Mch (Cardiothoracic surgery)
Area of Expertise:
Adult cardiac & thoracic surgery: Coronary artery bypass surgery , Total arterial revascularization , offpump cabg , valve repairs /replacement , aortic aneurysms , maze surgery , lung surgeries ,lobectomy, pneumonectomy , thoracoscopic surgery, mediastinal tumour surgery , thymectomies,
Extracorporeal membrance oxygenation (ECMO) .
Fellowship in adult cardiothoracic surgery Australia
Chief of labs
Full time Consultant
Co-ordinator & Full Time Cons. - General Surgery
Consultant - Neuro-physiology
Consultant - Nephrology
Consultant - Urologist
"Interventional Cardiologist M.D., F.A.C.C., F.I.S.E., F.I.C.P., Director Cardiology"
"1) The CTO – Man of The Year Award (2008), the First of its type, for the Indian Chapter of 2nd Indo European Course on Revascularization (IECR/IEIC), presented at New Delhi on 20th December 2008
2) Life Time Achievement Award at the 1st IJCTO meet, at Mumbai on 8th June 2013
3) Golden Contribution Award received at AICT 2012 at New Delhi, on 6th Oct. 2012
* Pioneer in starting Cardiac catheterization and Angiography in newborn babies in India in 1973.
* First one to start His Bundle Electrography in India in 1973.
* Performed or supervised more than 10,000 Angioplasties.
* Performed or supervised more than 50,000 Angiographies.
* Pioneering work in Primary Angioplasty in acute myocardial Infarction with first systemic trial in India."
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh Consultant - Urology
Past president urological society of India(west zone),past president mumbai urology society Awards - Dr. G M Phadke award, Vijaywada prize, CKP Menon award,best paper in masicon 1997,1998,1999,best paper award in Int surgeon conference 1999 Foreign awards - Invited faculty in EUA Barcelona 2010 faculty in Masterclass in Female urology from 2010 till 2015 Invited to conduct instructional course in Melbourne Australia 2015 Invited as a faculty for 50 th year Egyptian urology association at Cairo 2015 Conducted more than 45 operating workshop all over India and neighboring countries
Academic achievements-chief of female urology section of Urological society of India from 2007 to 2013.,invited to American Urology association in sandiago for instructional course in female urology in 2013
Consultant - Surgical Oncology
"MBBS - 1960, MS (Gen. Surg.) - 1964, FRCS (Edin.) - Jan. 1967, FRCS (Eng.) - Nov. 1967, FICS - (USA) 1969 >50 years"
Area of expertise
Diabetic foot clinic and CO2 laser
Brief write up
Senior Consultant General Surgeon associated with Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre since the last 40 years
"M.D (Bom), M.R.C.P. (UK) 37 years of practice at JHRC."
Postgraduate studies in Internal Medicine folowing which persued studies in Chest Medicine in UK. On return, joined JHRC in 1979 as consultant in chest Medicine, Have beeb with the dept. of Chest Diseases, JHRC for 37years, dealing with Clinical Pulmonology, Respiratory Physiology, Fibre-opticBronchoscopy, sleep study
"MD (medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology), Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation- Royal Free Hospital. London Visiting fellowship, Mayo Clinic, USA More than 20 years"
"Gastroenterologist with special interest in liver diseases
Specialised interest in pediatric liver and gastroenterology problems "
"Have trained in Hepatology and Liver transplantation at Mayo Clinic,USA; Royal Free Hospital, London and King's College hospital London
Have more than 300 lectures in Local, national and International Forums
On the reviewer board of journals like Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Journal of Pediatric gastroenterology and Hepatology, Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, National medical Journal of India, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Organised several Pediatric gastroenterology and Liver meetings "
" The P. N. Berry Scholarship for India for the year 1992. Visited G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, SanjayGandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, Christian Medical College, Vellore as part of the scholaship.
The Lotus Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad (USA)
The Netervala Foundation Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The Phirojshah Godrej Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The P. N. Berry Scholarship (administered by the High Commission of India, London) for UK for the year 1995-96.
The K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for higher training abroad (UK) for the year 199596.
Awarded the Young Investigator Travel Bursary for the European Association of the Study of Liver(EASL) conference in London, April, 1997
Felicitated by Uttaranchal Mahasangh, Mumbai on 09/05/2008 in the programme of Mahila Gaurav Samann
Presidential oration :Metabolic liver diseases in adults in Cuttack June 2015 as part of the Orissa chapter of Gastroenterology
Invited to the Presidential oration in the annual meeting of Maharashtra chapter of ISG on 26th Dec 2015, Aurangabad on ""Do all patients of cirrhosis need a liver trnasplant"" "
Consultant Lap GI, Endocrine & Breast Surgeon
"MD Paediatrics, Gold Medalist PDCC- Paediatric Endocrinology Visiting Fellowship- RCPCH, London Clinical & Academic 6 years "
Consultant in Pediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology. Invited faculty at over 100 state, national & international scientific fora. Authored chapters in paediatric endocrine text books of both national & international repute. Numerous publications in indexed journals. Chairman of the Child Hormone Foundation, Mumbai. International collaborator for clinical research on infantile & childhood obesity and neonatal diabetes.
Visiting Fellowship of the RCPCH, London
Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology from the prestigious Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, India
University Gold Medal at the MD Paediatrics Examination
Consultant -Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
"MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Gastroenterology) over 10years in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine & Gastroenterology & Nutrition"
Additional specialty interest: Inflammatory Bowal Disease & Capsule Endoscopy"
Dr. Anjay Jhaveri did his undergraduation from Nair Hospital, mumbai, pursued DNB General Medicine & tehn specialised in medical Gastroenterology both from Jaslok Hospital. Presently working as full time consultant in Dept of Gastroentrology, Jaslok Hospital & Research centre.
"* Best Resident Award - 2011, JHRC
* Sir Ratan Tata Scholarship - 2003
* Gold Medalist in microbiology, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik,2000"
"M.D.(MED); D.M.(CARDIOLOGY), D.N.B.(CARDIOLOGY), A.F.A.C.C. Vast experience of 30 years in the field of paediatric and adult non-invasive and interventional cardiology"
Consultant - Plastic Surgery
Consultant - Cardiovascular Surgeons
M.D.,F.C.P.S.,F.C.M.T.(USA), Teacher for 38 yrs and practising medicine from 40 year
Endodontics, Restorative Dentistry & Cosmetic Dentistry
Adequately equipped to handle routine dental procedures, with a total work experience of almost 7 years, includng 21/2 years after post graduation.
Presently working as a Consultant (Full Time) at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre and as a Consulting Endodontist at various clinics in south Mumbai. "
1) Achieved 2 Gold medals & 1 Bronze medal in academics during B.D.S. course
2) Bagged Best Paper presentation award in session, at XII FODI & IES PG Convention, GDCH, Ahmedabad.
3) Awarded with Colgate- IDA Scholarship in the year 2003 and 2005.
4) Received Merit Certificate from Indian Society of Periodontology, for standing 1st in the subject of Periodontology, at the final professional examination, 2005.
5) Executive Member of IDA, Hassan branch, Karnataka in the year 2010-2011.
1) In vitro comparison of Gutta –Percha removal using two Rotary Systems and Hedstrom File with Computed Tomography. Iranian Endodontic Journal, 2013; Vol 8, Issue 2, pg no:56-61.
2) Evolving Practices with Changing Times. Modern Medicare, May 2013, pg no: 36-37.
3) Radix Entomolaris: A Review and Case Report. Indian Dentist Research and Review, Vol 6, Issue 6, February 2012, pg no:24-27. "
"M.B.B.S. (Bombay), M.S. (Orthopaedics) (Bombay) F.I.A.S. (UK), MSc Surgery of Trauma (UK) A.O. Fellow (Germany), D. Sports Medicine (UK) MCh ORTH (Liverpool), FRCS ORTH (UK) 20 years post-MS"
Area of expertise
Computer Navigated Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
1. Hip Surgery, Hip Replacement (THR), Hip Resurfacing, Revision Hip Replacement
2. Specialised surgery for AVN (avascular necrosis of the head of the femur)
3. Minimally invasive hip replacements with rapid recovery
4. Difficult hip replacements made easy (deformed hips, stiff hips, previous Girdlestone, previous arthrodesis, severe protrusio, ankylosing spondylitis)
5. Complex techniques (Acetabular & Femoral Impaction grafting, Structural allograft acetabular reconstruction, Periprosthetic fracture management)
6. Complex Revision hip replacement (including multiple past revision surgery & previous infection)
Knee Surgery, Knee Replacement (TKR), Revision Knee Replacement
1. Knee resurfacing/Oxford unicompartmental knee surgery
2. Minimally invasive knee replacements with rapid recovery
3. Difficult knee replacements made easy (bad valgus/varus knees, flexion contractures, deformities)
4. Complex Revision knee replacements (including periprosthetic fracture management, proximal tibial reconstructions, previous infections)
Arthroscopy and Sports Surgery
1. Management of Sports injuries
2. Arthroscopic Knee Surgery - Microfracture techniques, ACL Reconstruction, Meniscal repair, menisectomy, debridement & abrasion chondroplasty, lateral release, arthroscopic tibial plateau fracture fixation, medial patellofemoral ligament repair, cartilage transplants)
3. Surgical reconstruction of the unstable knee (ACL, PCL, multiligament reconstructions)
4. Arthroscopic Shoulder surgery – Bankart repair for recurrent shoulder disclocation, Rotator cuff repair, frozen shoulder release surgery
Dr. Ameet Pispati has been extensively trained internationally in Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic surgery. He has pioneered various methods and techniques in Hip surgery and Computer aided Hip & Knee Replacement that can give patients a better and longer lasting result. He is an authority in Hip and Knee surgery.
He specialises in the latest Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopic techniques as well as Hip and Knee replacement procedures. He desires to spread the Bone Conserving & Rapid Recovery concept for Hip, Knee & Shoulder surgery in India and other parts of the world and loves to train other Orthopaedic Surgeons in the art and science of Precision Alignment Hip and Knee Surgery. He believes in enabling rapid recovery after sports surgery, performing complex knee ligament reconstructions and allowing the athlete to regain his livelihood at the earliest. Dr. Pispati is passionate about improving the doctor-patient relationship and shows real concern and commitment towards patient care, both diagnostic, therapeutic and even spiritual – it stems from a constant desire to want to heal those who entrust themselves and their families in his care.
o Extensive hands-on training in Joint replacement & Arthroscopic surgery from the best centres in UK and Germany.
o One of the 1st in Asia to perform Hip Resurfacing surgery.
o 1st in Asia to perform Computer Navigated Hip Replacement.
o Reviewer for the Journal of Rheumatology, one of the topmost indexed rheumatology journals.
o Author of the chapter “Arthritis Surgery” in “Textbook of Rheumatology” published by the Indian Rheumatology Association.
o Co-Author of the chapter “Hip Resurfacing, pages 763-781 in textbook “Operative techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery” by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
o International & National Faculty at several Hip and Knee Surgery Meetings, Courses & Workshops Worldwide, including meetings of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association, Malaysian Orthopaedic Association, Indonesian Orthopaedic Association, Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA), Asean Arthroplasty Association, Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society, Chinese Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, and other State level Orthopaedic Associations.
o International Faculty at Worldwide “Intelligent Hip and Knee Surgery Courses”.
o Invited to be listed in International Who’s Who.
o Doctor to Indian Cricket Team for on-site injury management, 2003 – 2005.
o Elected as Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK), in view of his exceptional caring and commitment to the care of the injured.
o Awarded the Diploma in Surgical Resuscitation by the Institute of Accident Surgery (South Birmingham Trauma Unit) (UK)
o Trained in Advanced fracture management from leading centres in UK, Germany and Switzerland.
"MD (MEDICINE), DM (CARDIOLOGY), DNB (CARDIOLOGY) CONSULTANT CARDIOLOGIST AND ELECTROPHYSIOLOGIST Since 2003."
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY, TAIPEI, TAIWAN.
FELLOWSHIP IN CARDIAC ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY AND DEVICES, PERTH, AUSTRALIA.
Published 36 papers in peer reviewed journals."
"MD (Psych.Med.), DPM. PSYCHIATRIST. Over 40 years."
I completed the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination from the Cathedral and John Connon High School, Mumbai in 1969 after which I joined St. Xavier's College, Mumbai in 1970 and passed the First Year Science and Intermediate Science examination with distinction. I started my under-graduate medical studies at the G. S. Medical College, Mumbai from 1972. I received my M.B.B.S. degree in 1978 from Bombay University. I did my residency programme in the Department of Psychiatry at the K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai from 1978-1980 during which time I passed the Diploma in Psychological Medicine (D.P.M.) examination and the Doctor of Medicine - M.D. (Psychological Medicine), both from Bombay University. I was ranked first in the D.P.M. examination and was awarded the Dr. J.C.Marfatia Gold Medal for passing the M.D. (Psychological Medicine) examination with the highest proficiency.