You have not yet permanently registerd with Jaslok hospital, please go for the permanent registration to get premium benifits.
Click on Submit Button for permanent registrationSubmit
Not a member?
The general paediatric team provides dedicated round-the-clock services to support and improve holistic care for children right from birth to 18 years. Our mission is to provide family-centered, supportive, paediatric therapy services for children in need of special care.
Important aspects of care that we are involved with include:
o Paediatric infectious diseases (typhoid, malaria, dengue, hepatitis, tuberculosis etc.)
o Growth and development
o Nutrition and hydration
o Acute medical complications such as asthma attack, rashes and infections
o Common paediatric problems, failure to thrive, eczema, anaemia, bedwetting
o Unexplained medical presentations
o Genetic disorders (Down syndrome, Turner syndrome, Prader-Willi etc.)
o Paediatric and neonatal intensive care.
We also have a subspecialty team which caters to the following disciplines:
o Paediatric neurology (cerebral palsy, epilepsy, encephalitis, mitochondrial diseases etc.
o Paediatric nephrology (urinary tract infections, vesico-ureteric reflux, nephrotic/nephritic syndrome, acute/chronic renal failure requiring dialysis etc.)
o Paediatric rheumatology: (disorders involving joints and muscle such as systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, systemic onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis,ligoarthritis, rheumatic fever, vasculitis etc.)
o Paediatric endocrinology (growth hormone deficiency, ambiguous genitalia, diabetes mellitus, congenital adrenal hyperplasia etc.)
o Paediatric hepatobiliary diseases (biliary atresia, hepatitis B/C, chronic liver disease, hepatoblastoma, portal hypertension etc.)
o Paediatric developmental disorders (autism, dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactive disorders, personality disorders)
o Neonatal intensive care: ventilation of premature newborn, surfactant therapy, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) screening.
o Paediatric critical care: mechanical ventilation, severe pneumonia, post-operative care, refractory convulsions, tracheostomy etc.
There are two distinct units: the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and the PICU; however, they work closely together. Our PICU and NICU have a full time intensivist to cater to the care of a critically ill child.
Our PICU/NICU is one of the oldest in south Mumbai since 1991. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, we provide treatment and management for critically ill children, premature newborns and neonates with complex medical and surgical problems such as necrotising enterocolitis, bowel obstruction, oesophageal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistulae and other congenital anomalies.
Do You Provide Any Logistic Support From Your Department?
Yes, we do provide logistic support. Various home-based therapies that are arranged for the patients on request include home oxygen cylinder, Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) machine and home-based ventilators. Also, the hospital may provide a private nurse for the care of the critically ill child for home-based specialised care as per the request of the patient.
Is There Any Equipment/Procedure That Makes You a Leader in That Specialty?
Equipped with world-class expertise and equipment, we perform specialised tests like growth hormone stimulation test and sweat chloride test. Bone marrow and organ biopsies and transplants are undertaken routinely with the help of specialised paediatric expertise. Various nuclear medicine investigations like barium swallow, barium meal, barium follow through, barium enemas, gastroesophageal reflux scan (milk scan), positron emission tomography (PET) scan, micturating cysto-urethrogram (MCU) and dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) scan are available. The hospital is equipped with a 3 Tesla (3T) MRI machine with spectroscopy and excellent MR angiography studies. Several interventional radiology procedures such as transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) insertion for liver disease, digital subtraction angiography (DSA) and embolisation therapy for bleeding are also available at the hospital.
Area of expertise
"Gastroenterologist with special interest in liver diseases
Specialised interest in pediatric liver and gastroenterology problems "
Brief write up
"Have trained in Hepatology and Liver transplantation at Mayo Clinic,USA; Royal Free Hospital, London and King's College hospital London
Have more than 300 lectures in Local, national and International Forums
On the reviewer board of journals like Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology, Journal of Pediatric gastroenterology and Hepatology, Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, National medical Journal of India, Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Organised several Pediatric gastroenterology and Liver meetings "
" The P. N. Berry Scholarship for India for the year 1992. Visited G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, SanjayGandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, Christian Medical College, Vellore as part of the scholaship.
The Lotus Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad (USA)
The Netervala Foundation Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The Phirojshah Godrej Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
The P. N. Berry Scholarship (administered by the High Commission of India, London) for UK for the year 1995-96.
The K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for higher training abroad (UK) for the year 199596.
Awarded the Young Investigator Travel Bursary for the European Association of the Study of Liver(EASL) conference in London, April, 1997
Felicitated by Uttaranchal Mahasangh, Mumbai on 09/05/2008 in the programme of Mahila Gaurav Samann
Presidential oration :Metabolic liver diseases in adults in Cuttack June 2015 as part of the Orissa chapter of Gastroenterology
Invited to the Presidential oration in the annual meeting of Maharashtra chapter of ISG on 26th Dec 2015, Aurangabad on ""Do all patients of cirrhosis need a liver trnasplant"" "
Consultant in Pediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology. Invited faculty at over 100 state, national & international scientific fora. Authored chapters in paediatric endocrine text books of both national & international repute. Numerous publications in indexed journals. Chairman of the Child Hormone Foundation, Mumbai. International collaborator for clinical research on infantile & childhood obesity and neonatal diabetes.
Visiting Fellowship of the RCPCH, London
Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology from the prestigious Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, India
University Gold Medal at the MD Paediatrics Examination
1 Epilepsy Surgery Program
2 Neurodegenerative Disorders, Neurohereditary Disorders
3 Neurometabolic Disorders
4 Disability-cerebral palsy, Autism, ADHD, Behavior Disorders
6 Neuromuscular Disorders
7 Acute Neurology
8 Pediatric Stroke
9 Movement Disorders in Children
"Dr. Anaita Udwadia Hegde is a Consultant Pediatric Neurologist at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai. Dr Hedge has done M.B.B.S from Seth G.S. Medical College, KEM Hospital, D.C.H & MD from King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, MRCPCH (London), Fellowship Neurosciences, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, 2001. She has postgraduate teaching experience in pediatrics and pediatric neurology at Bai Jerbai Wadia Children’s Hospital, and Jaslok Hospital. She is a member of several national and international neurological societies and also involved in Pediatric Neurology Rural Project from 2010, treating over 5010 patients till date. Dr. Hegde has published several papers in national and international journals. Her interest area includes pediatric epilepsy, movement disorders and disability. She is active in postgraduate teaching, research studies and conducts a 2 years fellowship programme in Pediatric Neurology for young postgraduates. "
"1 Have numerous research studies under me since 2004.
2 Have been inspected and approved by the FDA, USA for research project
3 Run 2yrs Pediatric Neurology Fellowship Programme for Pediatric Neurologist. "
"1. Hon` Consultant Pediatrician, Pediatric & Neonatal Intensivist.
2. Specialist in Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Care.
3. He is specialized in all Pediatric and Neonatal Critical Interventional procedures like Intraventricular tapping, Intubation, Tracheostomy, Intercostals drains, Liver, Kidney, muscle & skin biopsies, Haemo & Peritoneal dialysis, Insertion of Hickman catheter, Bronchoscopies, Bone marrow biopsies & aspirations and Intracranial pressure monitoring.
4. He has also been involved in major Perioperative Care of Craniofacial Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Liver & Kidney Transplant Surgery and general surgeries.
5. He specialized in transporting by Air & land ambulance of critically ill pediatric & neonatal patients.
6. He has managed extreme preterm baby i.e. 24 weeks/ 520gm NICU graduates to his credentials."
"1. Won a scholarship from the Hargobind Foundation, Mumbai in Jan 2001 for the fellowship in Pediatric Intensive Care, Leicester, UK.
2. “Basic Newborn Care” demonstration in weekly serial Mere gharana zindagi, Oct 1997, Zee Television, Mumbai.
3. Won a scholarship from the State Board for secondary and higher secondary education in 1983, Hyderabad.
4. Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
5. Executive Board Member of Pediatric Intensive Care chapter, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai.
6. National Neonatology forum, Mumbai chapter."
Management of complicated kidney disease in children, kidney biopsies in children. Preparing chronic kidney disease of kidney transplants.
"* Consultant Paediatrician for last 35 years
* Ex-professor Paediatrics Grant Medical College & Sir JJ Group of Hospitals
* Ex-Teacher in Paediatrics, Mumbai University [1985-2010]
* Consultant Paediatrician in Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre for last 23 yrs
* DNB Post Graduate Guide for last 15 yrs."
"Dr. Raju P. Khubchandani is the Director of Pediatrics and in charge of the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic at Mumbai’s Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. Dr Khubchandani’s major area of interest and specialization for the last 15 years has been pediatric rheumatology and he has cared for over two thousand children with musculoskeletal diseases. Dr. Khubchandani maintains a keen interest in childhood asthma and respiratory diseases such as cystic fibrosis and such children are seen as a part of his general pediatric consultations. "
"1. Several orations and awards at national and state level
2. Invited speaker and teacher at international, national and state conferences and seminars.
3. Has convened and pioneered several innovative teaching formats in print, as seminars and on the web.
4. Medical writing for lay persons.
5. Serves as advisor and managing committee member to a new children’s hospital project in Mumbai and some other social initiatives."
ALL aspects of paediatric Orthopedics , paediatric Hand surgery and OBPP sequelae surgery.
Paediatric Orthopaedic surgeon practicing exclusively Paediatric Orthopaedics .Her special interest is Paediatric Hand and Upper Limb disorders. Secondary surgeries for Obstetrical brachial plexus lesions is her forte for which she received the SICOT international award for Women in orthopedics in Hong Kong 2008.Paediatric orthopedics has evolved as a super-specialty only in recent years. She treats the entire range of problems viz. congenital.
"AWARDS 1. Functional Analysis of Results of Early Pollicisation in Radial Club Hands: with Anomalous fingers. -awarded prestigious K.S.Masalawala Best Paper WIROC-2001.
2. Long Term results of single Stage Correction of Congenital Vertical Talus.-. Retrospective Study of 10 yrs. Awarded R.J.S.Panday best paper Award Fancon 2002.(Foot and Ankle Society of India).
3. Natural History and Outcome Analysis in Varied Presentations of Obstetric Palsy-POSI CON BEST PAPER AWARD. JAN 2005.
4. Marcela Uribe Zamudio Award for outstanding Lady orthopaedic Surgeon- presented at SICOT (Societe Internationale De Chirurgie Orthoapedeqe Et De Traumatologie ) Triennial World Congress Hong Kong August 2008.
5..Veteran Surgeons Oration- WIROC 2010- Looking Beyond The shoulders of Giants.
GUEST EDITOR –
1.Special Issue on Paediatric Orthopedics –Paediatric Clinics Of India 2008.
2. Section editor Paediatric Orthopaedics - Algorithms In paediatrics.
3. Contribution to Section Editor for ‘Infections of Musculoskeletal System’: Infectious Disease Atlas of Indian Association of Paediatricians 2013.
1.B.B. Joshi’s Text Book of Congenital Hand Anomalies- Ulnar hemimelia: pathogenesis, clinical features, treatment and rehabilitation
2. Congenital Anomalies –Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book .Text Book of Orthoapedics and Trauma – jaypee borthers ,2nd edition 2008. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3., revised in 2014.
3. Genetics In Paediatric Orthopaedics. Dr G S Kulkarni’s Textbook. Chap 354. Text Book of Orthoapedics and Trauma – jaypee borthers ,2nd edition 2008. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3. Revised in 2014.
4. Streeter’s Dysplasia.-Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3.Revised in 2014.
5. Radial Club Hand – management: Dr G S Kulkarni’s Text Book. ISBN 978-81-8448-242-3.Revised in 2014.
1.Management of Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injuries –What’s out? What’s in?
POSITIVE –quarterly News Letter of The Paediatric Orthopaedic Society of India. April2003
2. Current concepts : fracture neck femur in children-MOA Journal 2009 oct issue.
3. Osteotomies around the knee in children- Publication of Deformity correction conference for osteotomies of the Knee –update Jaslok April2010.
4. Current Concepts In Orthopedic Practise-. Role Of Muscle Transfers in OBPP.accepted for 2015 . (International )
1. Innovations article: New method of graft fixation for T.M. jt ankylosis Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Jan 2001
2. Use of UMEX fixator cum Distractor for primary and secondary treatment of Radial Club Hand with Ulnar Based Bilobed Flap; Scientific Transactions of Combined Congress APFFSH August 2000.Pg.136-138.
3.Analysis of over 200 consecutive cases of adult posttraumatic Brachial Plexus Injury treated by one surgeon in one hospital from 1994 to 2004 .Scientific transactions IFFSH Budapest June 2004.
4.A 5 year follow-up of the modified Treatment of Radial Club Hand–with External Fixator cum Distractor and a Bilobed Flap Journal of Japanese Paediatric Orthopaedic Association November 2004
5.Benign juvenile hemangioma—a case report . Acta Orthopaedica, Volume 77, Number 1, February 2006, pp. 171-173(3)Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd
6. Gap Non Union In Osteogenesis Imperfecta : Role Of Maternal Fibular Graft’ : A Case Report. Journal Of Injury. Vol 4 Jan 2005 pg 231-236.
7.Ultrasound Evaluation of Clubfoot Correction during Ponseti Technique-:Original Article :J Pediatr Ortho(A).Vol 27,No8 Dec 2007.
8. Treatment of radial dysplasia by a combination of distraction, radialisation and a bilobed flap – the results at long term follow up- Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 2008; 33; 616.
9.“Clinical outcome of shoulder muscle transfers for shoulder deformities in obstetric brachial plexus palsy: A study of 150 cases.” Ind J Plast Surg 2011; Jan 44(1):21-8.
10. An approach to the supraclavicular and infraclavicular aspects of the brachial plexus. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2011 Sep;15(3):188-97. PubMed PMID: 21869653.
11. Habitual anterior dislocation of the hip in cerebral palsy: a case report. J Pediatric Orthopaedics - B 2012;21(3):248-51.
12. Loeys-Dietz syndrome with bilateral radial head dislocations. J Orthopaedic Surgery 2013;21(2).
13) Unfavourable results in pollicisation.Indian J Plast Surg. 2013 May;46(2):303-311.
14) The outcome of Jarcho-Levin syndrome treated with a functional latissimus dorsi flap - A series of three cases.Indian J Plast Surg. 2012 Jan;45(1):40-4. doi: 10.4103/0970-0358.96582.
15. Obstetric brachial plexus injury.Indian J Plast Surg. 2011 Sep;44(3):380-9. doi: 10.4103/0970-0358.90805.
16. Results of fibula grafting in Gap non unions in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013;95:e56(1-6)."
"I would like to place on record my deepest sense of gratitude to Dr.Paresh Doshi & his entire team.......More
"Everything is going very well. I started working 3 weeks ago, it's gone well. I am getting into the.......More
I was first admitted in Jaslok Hospital in 1988 for Neurogenic bladder problem, since then Jaslok.......More
I have been to various hospitals like Criticare, Lilavati but never seen so much attention on food,.......More
Hospital & staff were extremely warm & quick in getting me start with the procedures. Although it.......More
It was never a feeling as if I was in a hospital. I got the best care. The response of each staff,.......More
Thanks for all the services, no doubt it is the best hospital. My kidney, BP, diabetes problem make.......More
Jaslok is like a second home for me I have been admitted to Jaslok more than 9 times in last 1 and.......More
When I came with my mother, I was very nervous. But after entering here I felt warmed with smiling.......More
I am very much glad to note my feedback and grateful. Thanks to Dr. Chibber and assistants. I got.......More
Though my family was not in town during these day Jaslok Team was my extended family which took care.......More
Our Sansare Family believes in Jaslok Hospital for any medical treatment. Doctors and staff are.......More
Availability of advance testing equipments makes the patients experience less painful. Doctors &.......More
My husband suffered from a rare disease called GBS, which requires prolonged ICU stay, and in 7.......More
What to say? It is unexpected of all the staff cooperation, willingness to help round the clock. All.......More
We have travelled a long way from Australia for a very important operation for our daughter which we.......More
This hospital has very efficient and caring staff, all nurses attending me are expert in their work.......More
I was admitted in the hospital on 20.11.2017 under Dr Ajit Desai and discharged on.......More
It was a very comforting and homelike atmosphere here with all the Nurses and Maushi around. I know.......More
I sincerely thank Jaslok Hospital for their excellent medical service and care. Especially Dr. G........More
What a wonderful experience!
I can’t thank enough the Jaslok staff from a every senior doctor to.......More
Good services from 8th floor staff. Special thanks to sister Sissa, Sister Vanita and sister.......More
The entire team on 8th floor, from housekeeping to nursing to treating doctors, all are very helpful.......More
Very satisfied and happy with the service by staff. Sisters were very good and loving. God bless you.......More
Thanks to all who took care of me and special thanks to Dr. Shilpa who made me so comfortable to.......More
We really appreciate the help of Dr. G. N. Mansukhani during this period of pregnancy.
All staff on.......More
We are thankful to Dr. Anahita, Dr. Sapna, Dr. Nitin, Dr. Fazal, all the nursing staff at 8th floor.......More
Very good treatment and care taking team of Dr. Firuza Parikh and all doctors of the same team.
I am thankful to Dr. Parekh, Dr. Anaita, Dr. Sangeeta, Dr. Sapna and Dr. Supriya for their support.......More
Thank you so much for the love I have received from both the nursing staff and the doctors.
Many thanks to Dr. Mansukhani & her team for delivering our healthy and safe child to us.
I am also.......More
We are really happy to choose Jaslok hospital for our delivery. The doctors over here are too good.......More
I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Dr. Indira Hinduja and Jaslok Staff members (8th.......More
Thank you very much in completing this wonderful journey of my life, which started with my visit to.......More
Since my reason for stay was a pleasant one, I was expecting the next few days to be good. But the.......More
Very pleased with the cordial and friendly staff. Their assistance has made my stay and my baby’s.......More
Dr. Sudeshna and her team are excellent. Took exceptional care of me during my LSCS and throughout.......More
By Profession i am Farmer. I had Kidney transplant in 2008. I take Dr. Rushi Despande and Jaslok.......More
Hospitalization of Mr.Mehroze Dadrewalla in Jaslok Hospital under Dr. Pettarusp wadia
I wish to thank you for having a "Migraine Clinic" at your hospital. Dr. Ravi Shankar an angel who.......More
Jaslok staff, security system are very sincere in their work. We give 100% marks, Being a doctor.......More
The overall experience in hospital is very well. The process follows all department in hospital very.......More
Very good hospital with ease in admission, Great consultation, careful nursing, good housekeeping,.......More
Food & service is good, nursing is good, Medical treatment & doctor is very good. Para medical.......More
ICU staff of Jaslok Hospital were amazing to my Dad, when he was seriously ill in their care........More
The staff was very good& friendly, very helpful & always smiling faces which is very good to create.......More
All the staff and nursing staff provided required patient help. They always taken care during our.......More
I really enjoyed my stay in Jaslok Hospital, the hospitality of everyone is really commendable........More
The services at the hospital are very good and where of the staff is good & makes you feel.......More
Service is beyond the smile, Helpful staff, nurse job fine. Cleanliness is very good and main thing.......More
The nursing care is superb, the cleaning staff & other staff is good. Care in Jaslok Hospital is.......More
I had a very good & comfortable stay in the hospital, received excellent medical care by nurses &.......More
The hospital support staff, sisters & doctors are exceptionally helpful & sincere. The room is clean.......More
We were here for angiography & everything went well. Nurses have been extremely helpful and caring........More
The Team Jaslok deserves to be lauded for the care they take of the patient, the conduct being the.......More
I come here in a state of medical emergency. With all the help of all the nurses, staff & doctors. I.......More
Here at Angioplasty ICU, met with highly professional nurses. Looking after each & individual.......More
That’s the kind of people we have here. They really take pride in helping and go the extra mile........More
I am overwhelmed and touched by the warmth and care given to me during my critical condition........More
We were very happy about this story in the hospital. The décor was pleasing and homely, Nurses &.......More
It’s a very good hospital, here the doctors, nurses and all the staff are very good and well behaved.......More
We are so glad that we decided to come to Jaslok Hospital for our delivery. Our little princess has.......More
All the staff was very efficient and helpful. The people who particularly pleased us & we show our.......More
The hospital is very good, the staff & doctors equally treated to all the patients. The doctors are.......More
A very good experience at Jaslok. All the staff, doctors, nurses, attendants, cleaners, security,.......More
We are totally happy & satisfied with doctor & staff treatment and behavior. Special thanks to Dr........More
We came here all the way from UDAIPUR and our experience was very good especially our doctor Shruti.......More
It’s one of its kind hospital where the patient is at easy & completely relaxed about all kind of.......More
All staff are very good & helpful, Nurses care was awesome. Thank you so much for doing my discharge.......More
I want to deeply appreciate the management, doctors, staff, Nursing staff & other ground staff for.......More
The services of Jaslok Hospital is of excellent quality. The doctors and nursing staff are caring &.......More
15 - Dr. Deshmukh Marg,Pedder Road, Mumbai- 400026
© Jaslok Hospital. All rights Reserved.