The graduates will be groomed to be able to:
1. Assess the health status of the individual, the family or the community and identify their health needs and problems.
2. Choose appropriate nursing care and plan to help the individual, the family and the community.
3. Implement and evaluate nursing care for optimum benefit and safety of the patient.
4. Assist in the planning and implementation of health promotion and health protection programmes at the village, district, state and national level.
5. Assist in planning and implementing tertiary care at all levels.
6. Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations to provide quality care.
7. Perform intelligently and ethically in all spheres of their personal and professional life.
8. Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
9. Uphold the dignity of the profession and contribute to its progress.